Question

LG CX unable to adjust volume after last Sonos update.

• 1 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Just updated the app and all my Sonos devices. Now I can no longer control the volume with the magic remote.  I have tried reconnecting it as other support questions suggested, but no change.

I tried to reset the connection to the TV, and the app reports that it is not connected to a TV - despite playing the sound from the TV fine. 

Have tried disconnecting and power cycling everything too.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi ​​​@John Ham.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Have you already tried to open this link under the Sonos help page? 

Hope this can help: Use an LG Magic Remote with Sonos home theater speakers.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks, I have tried this but it didn't fix it.  The TV responds when I change the volume - you see the icon to indicate you've changed the volume up or down - but the volume doesn't change.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @John Ham.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Since it started after you updated your Sonos application, I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as a remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Just FYI - after a week, the problem went away by itself.  No idea what fixed it but it’s back to normal without me doing anything !  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @John Ham.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

That’s great news, what I'm thinking here is there might be a software update came from your TV company that fixes that bug.

Well since all are good now.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi - the TV has updates disabled to try and avoid scenarios like this!  And unfortunately the problem is back. 

I’ll try and call your support, but the hours (for English) don’t overlap well with my free time.  Didn’t you used to be able to submit help requests online?