LG CX and Sonos Arc, TV remote/ ARC connection dropped

• 8 February 2021
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi 

First time I have experienced this, my LG cx seemed to drop the TVs arc connection, the tv remote was not working to control volume, the Sonos app still was so it wasn’t an internet issue.

I tried power cycling tv with no luck.

I then power cycled Sonos and arc connection was established again.

Do you think this could have just been a random Arc connection bug?  

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ledzep1.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Have you checked if theirs any pending update with your TV?

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ledzep1.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Have you checked if theirs any pending update with your TV?

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi

I submitted a diagnostic, confirmation number: 1953396630

My LG CX has latest 3.21.16 firmware and sonos system and app is fully up to date.

I still had audio outputting from Sonos ARC and could control volume via sonos app, it was just the tv remote that stopping responding to commands.

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ledzep1.

Thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

After the remote stop responding have you already try to reprogram again the remote?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ledzep1.

After the remote stop responding have you already try to reprogram again the remote?

I have never bothered setting it up as a universal remote, because I never needed to and my TV did not auto detect the Sonos arc like it did with most of my other devices and set up universal remote.

I can manually set up universal remote for sonos arc, do you think I should do this?

Also when it stopped working i tried the TV setup via the app and it failed saying cold not connect.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Mark P This is just like my issue but with LG CX

When pressing buttons on remote the volume indicator displayed on TV but did not alter the volume, only the app worked.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ledzep1.

I’ll forward this to our support team to further investigate.

I have the same issue with my LG GX and Sonos Arc. It was working fine until a few weeks ago. Though some inputs will work and others will not. However, most of the time controlling the volume via the TV’s remote does not work like it used to and I have to use the Sonos app or voice commands to control the volume.   

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This became a problem for me too after changing up a couple things with my system set up. 

Initially had a Beam connected to e-ARC and remote control functionality was automatic, and worked fine.

I ended up adjusting my sound output set-up by connecting my old Sony 5.1 HTIB system to the TV instead. This resulted in the Magic remote also working fine to control it, although I did have to fudge the facts a little and tell the TV that the device some sort of Sony BD player, not a Home Theatre in a Box as that wasn’t an option. It worked. Then I ended up ordering a Sonos Arc, disconnected the HTIB, and re-connected the Beam again for the time being - and that’s when I lost any ability to control it by Magic Remote. 

Key fix for me was to erase/re-connect the device for that input in the CEC/Simplink settings menu.

Ppress the settings button, then go to All Settings, then Connections. Select Device Connections.

From here, make sure CEC/Simplink are turned on (I turned on both). Then you should be able to go ahead and update control setting for each input, including the Sonos. Whether connected via HDMI or optical dongle. From here you will be able to follow the directions in Sonos’ LG Magic Remote set up page and all will be good again.

Then, using the Sonos page to set up Magic Remote - https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3479?language=en_US

I experience similar issues with my Sonoc Arc and LG CX 55 (ran all updates).

Since the purchase of both devices (in the same week December 2020) I experience very frequenlty that there is no sound played anymore after changing of the channels (digital tv via CI card in the TV itself). This never occurs in the mids of a program, it is always the result of changing channel or app. 

Sometimes I can restore this by changing the sound input to regular TV again and after a few seconds the Arc input is selected again by itself and the sound is restored. Sometimes this does not work and I have to select another channel and than back tho the channel I want to see/hear.

This issue also occurs when switching from regular TV to opening Netflix app, or switching from Netflix app to regular TV.

I'm using eArc because I want to use Dolby surround sound.

The issue of not being able to use the volume via remote control it not applicable for me. When the connection between Arc and LG TV dropped, the remotecontrol only controls the volume of the TV itself again (instead of the Arc)

Every firmware update I recieved is installed in the hope this issue will be solved but so far not fixed. Very frustrating.

Hi everyone,

I have the exact same issue as everyone else here. For some reason when using my Apple TV, PS5 or any other device that previously allowed me to control the Arc sound with the TV remote or Apple TV remote it has stopped working. Magic remote pairing doesn’t work as Simplink is turned on and I can see the device volume icon on the right responds when I use the TV remote, but the sound does not get higher or lower. 

I have an LG CX65 too. Can anyone from Sonos report back on this and any fix that may be on the way?