Answered

Is chromecast w. Google TV a way to make the sonos move accept bluetooth from a projector?

• 10 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I’d love to use a Sonos Move for my projector setup, but supposedly it won’t work because of SCMS-T. Would what I suggest in the title be a viable workaround?

Thanks
Lars

icon

Best answer by Xander P 11 June 2021, 10:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @lars__, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sonos doesn’t support chromecast, so I’m not sure that that would work - were you unable to connect the Move to the GoogleTV via Bluetooth? You can find some information on connecting bluetooth devices to GoogleTV here

In general we recommend using a Home Theater speaker for TV audio, and from searching it seems there may be a slight delay via Bluetooth - let us know how you get on :)

Hi @lars__, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sonos doesn’t support chromecast, so I’m not sure that that would work - were you unable to connect the Move to the GoogleTV via Bluetooth? You can find some information on connecting bluetooth devices to GoogleTV here

In general we recommend using a Home Theater speaker for TV audio, and from searching it seems there may be a slight delay via Bluetooth - let us know how you get on :)

I know that Sonos don’t support chromecast as such, but as the Sonos Move supports bluetooth audio it might accept the audio signal from the dongle once connected to the projector’s hdmi?

Only if the signal is stereo, and nothing more. The Move would not be able to parse a Dolby Digital or higher signal. And there’d be no guaranty of sync between the audio and the video. 

Does the chromecast process allow you to send the audio to one place, and the video to another?