In-Ceiling speakers not working.

• 20 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi

i have two in ceiling speakers, I was told they’re for certain sounds only, I’ve never heard them work, how can I test? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Trina marie, Thank you for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up. About your question about your in-ceiling speakers. What Sonos product do you have that you’re going to pair to your in-ceiling speakers? You may also check this article about Connecting four speakers to your Amp or Connect:Amp for reference and information. Or do you have the Sonance in-ceiling speakers?

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

The Sonos community is always here to help. 

Hi Simon,

We have an existing system which was professionally installed. TV,  Sonos amp sound bar, sub & in ceiling speakers. The installer said that we would only hear ‘certain sounds’ on the rear in ceiling speakers. We can't really say for certain we've heard them at all. When I went back to installer, I was told to speak to Sonos (not helpful I know)

We recently had a massive power cut which caused various electronics to fail. So I wanted to test if all items are working. Please can you explain how I might do this?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Trina marie, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know what you have in mind with the advice above.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Trina marie, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking. the speakers with the connect amp are not bonded properly with the in-ceiling speakers. We’ll take this further, we need to have a remote screen share with your device controller to get full access to the full network layout and topology of your speakers to your network. I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Let me know your thoughts on the advice above.