Question

How can I get low frequency signal from sonos connect?

• 5 March 2018
  • 5 replies

Hello, there!

I am currently working on adding bass shaker to sonos 5.1 home theater system.
I have playbar, sub, 2 of ones, and sonos connect which is connected to an amplifier powering a tactile transducer.

I successfully added sonos connect and grouped them together and played lower frequency music to test the bass shaker, but it didn't shake at all even though the music was being played well.

To isolate the problem, I sent a lower frequency from my phone using a 3.5mm rca cable to the amplifier and it worked! The base shaker powered from amplifier started vibrating.

What dose this mean??? Is this mean that sonos connect CAN NOT send lower frequency or strong enough signal to vibrate a bass shaker???

If so, isn't there a way to get lower frequency signal form sonos connect to an amplifier powering a tactile transducer??
I spent almost $4000 for this home theater system. So frustrating...
Any advice would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You do realise that, for TV sound, the grouped CONNECT will be out of sync with the PLAYBAR? So when there's an explosion on the screen there could be several tens of milliseconds of delay before the butt gets kicked.

(PLAYBAR's own output can be delayed using the lip-sync adjustment, but the sync with grouped players is then crude and usually it's all at the expense of sync with the picture.)
Thanks ratty for your reply. yeah I know there might be a timing issue in pairing a third party speaker or subwoofer from CONNECT with playbar. There would be also an echo.

In my case, however, it is a bass shaker. So I thought it wouldn't much bother me, then I gave it a shot and then to this problem.

Right now~ I just want to see my bass shaker dance..

Is there any idea how to get low frequency signal? would an optical splitter cable from TV work?
Why don't you just use some subwoofer test files. Google for them. I have single tone and frequency sweep files which I once downloaded from somewhere or other, possibly www.audiocheck.net.
I mean..making my bass shaker dance with signal from CONNECT. I already tested it and confirmed that my bass shaker worked well with signal from my cell phone using signal generator app. Thanks ratty anyway~
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I mean..making my bass shaker dance with signal from CONNECT. I already tested it and confirmed that my bass shaker worked well with signal from my cell phone using signal generator app. Thanks ratty anyway~
I think @ratty meant you to play these files via the CONNECT.