Answered

Homepod Compatibility

• 23 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, my first post on here after reading through several conversations about Homepod but not able to find any definitive information.
I'm running 3no Connect:Amps which brilliantly control 3rd party speakers throughout the house but I'm also considering the purchase of a Homepod, mainly for use in a couple of spaces which haven't been hardwired, as the allegedly higher quality Homepod does appeal.
So here's the question - if I was to choose the Homepod route is the Connect:Amp able to control the Homepod so that it's playing the same as the rest of the speakers?
Otherwise I can obviously go with a Sonos One as an alternative but do fancy trying a Homepod as I'm quite invested in Apple stuff already.
Thanks in advance.
icon

Best answer by chicks 23 April 2018, 03:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No. Apple puts up barriers to interoperation, so that they can trap you into buying only Apple hardware. If Apple ever gets Airplay 2 finished, Sonos has committed to supporting it, but it's unknown how it will function within the Sonos ecosystem.