Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Show first post

231 replies

Badge +1

Good Morning Everyone 

Can someone recommend Current TV’s around 49 to 55 inch for use with Sonos Play Bar / Sub / 2 x Play 1s which pass through Dolby Digital for use with SKY Q 

Looking for a bargain ha ha 

Good Morning Everyone 

Can someone recommend Current TV’s around 49 to 55 inch for use with Sonos Play Bar / Sub / 2 x Play 1s which pass through Dolby Digital for use with SKY Q 

Looking for a bargain ha ha 

John Lewis currently offer 5 year guarantee and a £125 voucher off (next purchase) on the LG OLED55C9PLA (2019) UltraHD TV with Dolby Atmos (Supports PCM Dolby 2.0/5.1/DD+/TrueHD audio) that’s if you wish to future-proof the TV … it was originally £2,300 and is now down to £1499. It comes with built-in Netflix/Prime/Deezer/Spotify Apps, Freview Play HD Two Tuners and lots of other stuff besides. It has 4 x HDMI eARC port’s and allows audio pass-through… and will Support all the Dolby Audio formats.

The only issue is that the reflective speaker stand is low and it pays to raise the TV above the height of the PlayBar, which is easily done if wall mounting the TV, or if using it on a desktop/TV cabinet etc I recommend using a stand from Curry’s called the Sandstrom Tilt TV Base, which is ideal for all TV’s upto 60” and weighing upto 25kg … which far exceeds the LG C9.

I think Curry’s also offer this TV with interest free payments, but you don’t get the £125 voucher off your next purchase.

I have just purchased this TV myself and although it’s appears a bit expensive, it’s a real nice TV for the money… the 5 year guarantee also provides that extra peace of mind.

The picture on the OLED screen is stunning.

Here’s a YouTube video review of the C9 TV, I found for you to see it in action…

https://youtu.be/vkSOqbbuA28

edit: I forgot to mention that the TV also has built-in Alexa/Google voice assistants for (optionally) voice controlling both the TV and Sonos products .

I will just add that all the above is a personal opinion, based on my own experience with this TV and I’m not in anyway associated to the LG company

Badge

Is there anybody who have tried the new Nvidia Shield Pro and seen if it can provide 5.1 Surround Sound (the old one could not).

According to the NVIDIA website:

Dolby Audio Support (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos)
DTS-X surround sound (pass-through) over HDMI
High-resolution audio playback up to 24-bit/192 kHz over HDMI
Audio support: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, WAVE, AMR, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, PCM, WMA, WMA-Pro, WMA-Lossless, DD+ decode, Dolby Atmos decode, Dolby TrueHD (pass-through), DTS-X (pass-through), and DTS-HD (pass-through

According to the NVIDIA website:

Dolby Audio Support (Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Atmos)
DTS-X surround sound (pass-through) over HDMI
High-resolution audio playback up to 24-bit/192 kHz over HDMI
Audio support: AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, WAVE, AMR, OGG Vorbis, FLAC, PCM, WMA, WMA-Pro, WMA-Lossless, DD+ decode, Dolby Atmos decode, Dolby TrueHD (pass-through), DTS-X (pass-through), and DTS-HD (pass-through

Does the “DD+ decode” mean that it should work for Netflix?

Sorry, I don’t work for NVDIA, I just quoted what I found on their website. Perhaps they have a customer service number that you could call, and get someone with true knowledge to assist you?