Answered

Hisense Roku remote not working with Playbar after connecting successfully

• 10 September 2022
  • 2 replies

I just bought a Hisense U6GR TV (with Roku built in). I have an existing Sonos Playbar that was connected to another TV previously, with paired remote. I connected the Playbar to the new TV and the IR signal light blinked whenever I hit the volume buttons on the remote, but it didn’t control the volume on the Playbar. I went through the “Remote Control Setup” process on the Sonos S2 app and the app indicated the pairing was successful.

As soon as the pairing was done, the Playbar IR signal light no longer blinked, indicating it wasn’t receiving an IR signal from the remote (and the volume isn’t changing). However, the TV is still being controlled by the remote. I then went through a factory reset on the Playbar. After the factory reset, the IR indicator light still doesn’t blink when using the remote, and I cannot complete the “Remote Control Setup” process on the Sonos S2 app. The remote still controls the TV just fine.

My three hypotheses that could explain this behavior are:

1. The IR receiver on the Sonos is no longer working after setup
  2. The remote is no longer sending IR (but obviously is still sending RF or something to control the TV)
  3. The remote was RF all along (and I can’t explain why the remote originally paired and the IR receiver light blinked initially). 

icon

Best answer by buzz 11 September 2022, 02:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Refrain from Factory Rest without further consult. As you have discovered a Factory Reset rarely cures fundamental issues.

Indicate to the TV that you want to control an A/V receiver. The model number is arbitrary, just don’t pick one that is nearby. Now you can train PLAYBAR to respond to these IR Volume commands.

The problem is really with the TV on this one.

when you pair the remote with the TV. The remote stops sending the IR signals and starts using Bluetooth (RF) to control the TV. This is also true for the volume signals. So this is the reason why your remote stops controlling the play base after the pairing is done.

if you turn off Bluetooth in the settings of the TV. You will find out that the remote starts sending IR signals again and then you can control the Sonia play base with it.

BUT. You will loose voice control on the TV. ugghhhhhh. Hisense please fix your stuff!