Answered

HDMI Cable.

• 23 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Badge

I’m replacing Beam with an Arc, can anyone confirm the HDMI cable supplied with Beam is the same as supplied with Arc ?

Would save me the hassle of changing cable which is hidden behind wall, thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Mark P 23 September 2020, 16:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Shun65.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

If we're talking about the physical HDMI cable YES you can use the same cable you’ve used for the Beam to the Arc.

But here is the catch, You need to make sure that the HDMI cable now is connected to ARC or eARC port at the back or side of your TV.

I attached also a link here on everything you need to know about Sonos Arc.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Thanks Mark all working perfectly 👍🏻

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Shun65.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I hope you didn't have any issues with upgrading to your Sonos Arc.

Glad we can help.

Enjoy your new setup.

Cheers.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @Shun65.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

I hope you didn't have any issues with upgrading to your Sonos Arc.

Glad we can help.

Enjoy your new setup.

Cheers.

Does the Arc come with an HDMI 2.1 cable?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @gjs1980.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and I will try to answer your inquiry about the HDMI cable.

Any cable with HEAC support can handle eARC. Both the HDMI cable which comes with Beam and Arc have HEAC support.

Technically four kinds of cable :

• Regular HDMI
  • High-Speed HDMI
  • High-Speed HDMI with ethernet
  • Ultra-High-Speed

Cables aren't rated by HDMI version

As such technically the cable that comes with our products is a High Speed with ethernet, whereby the ethernet pins are used for eArc. One could refer to this as 1.4+

Does ultra high speed cable upgrade make a qualitative difference with eArc?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Amdgrus.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

The Ultra High-Speed HDMI Cable is the first cable defined by the HDMI Forum. Ultra High-Speed HDMI Cables comply with stringent specifications designed to ensure support for high-resolution video modes such as 4Kp50/60/100/120 and 8Kp50/60 as well as new features such as eARC and VRR. Ultra High Speed HDMI Cables exceed the requirements of the latest international EMI standards to significantly reduce the probability of interference with wireless services such as Wi-Fi.

Source found in this website: ULTRA HIGH SPEED HDMI CABLE

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos packs a cable that is conform HDMI 1.4+ spec. Of course the decision to pack this cable is partly cost-driven (seems to be the minimum spec for ARC). The call for higher speed cables is mostly driven by the need for sending more picture information (4k instead of HD, 8k instead of 4k, at higher frame rates) and not by the need for sending more sound info (which is a small part of the information stream) I would therefore seriously doubt an ultr high speed cable would sound better - but I would be happily corrected by your review of such a cable.