Answered

HDCP issue

• 1 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi I just got the beam and connected it to the HDMI ARC slot in my 4k TV. The TV has only one of these so I had to shift the Apple TV (also 4k) to HDMI 2. Since then, my Netflix has an interview HDCP handshake error that means I get sound but no vision. Any workaround?
icon

Best answer by MikeV 1 August 2018, 13:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Check your TV's manual... some 4K TVs (usually 2014-2016 models) might have a limited number of HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 ports, which is what the Apple TV needs to display 4K video from most services (HDMI 1.4 supported 4K resolution, but only at lower frame rates).

If your TV has a limited number of HDMI 2.0 ports, It's possible that your HDMI-ARC port might also be [one of] the HDMI 2.0 port(s)... which means you might need to use the optical connection on your TV for Beam, and hook your Apple TV to that port. If your TV has multiple HDMI 2.0 ports, then you should be able to use any of those ports for the Apple TV too.

And if you could share your TV's model number, that might also help others who have the same, or a similar, model.