Answered

Go Back to 14.10 Update

• 28 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Why can’t we just go back to the 14.10 update? it was working perfect then. My system sounds terrible now. Just add a separate volume like you did for Heights for those who want more voice. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 30 August 2022, 23:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Why can’t we just go back to the 14.10 update? it was working perfect then. My system sounds terrible now. Just add a separate volume like you did for Heights for those who want more voice. 

Which devices are you referring to? Your online profile shows a PlayBar with One/One-SL & Sub, there’s no mention of that ‘setup’ being affected by any of the recent updates? Have you tried it with both Trueplay on and off?

Expectations play a huge part on subjective audio judgements.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Ken_Griffiths  That was my first set up. I have since upgraded to the Arc and it was sounding amazing right before the update. The volume at 50 was perfect and the sub was powerful. The difference is night and day. I make use of this system every single day. 

@Ken_Griffiths  That was my first set up. I have since upgraded to the Arc and it was sounding amazing right before the update. The volume at 50 was perfect and the sub was powerful. The difference is night and day. I make use of this system every single day. 

Perhaps see the suggested workaround in the main 14.12 thread until the matter is resolved.

Wow - a lot to digest here.  I just hooked up a beam on my screened in porch and an arc for living room.  Sub to pair with arc arrives on Thursday.

Have been impressed with the sound on the Beam but a bit underwhelmed with the arc and I guess I now know why.

After doing a lot of reading in this thread, im still not clear on the volume adjustment of the sub.  Can you increase the volume of just the sub or do you have to increase volume of the room (arc + sub).  In short, if sub isn’t loud enough, what are my options with 14.14?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can adjust just the Sub’s level.

After you install SUB a dedicated SUB level adjustment will become available, in addition to the usual Bass and Treble adjustments.

After you install SUB a dedicated SUB level adjustment will become available, in addition to the usual Bass and Treble adjustments.

Ok, thank you.  Will see how it sounds once everything is hooked up.  If not satisfied will return arc to get another beam and some 1s.