Answered

Fix for sound dropping out???

• 25 August 2021
  • 7 replies

So I just purchased a Sonos home theater system along with a Sony Bravia X90J TV - can anybody tell me if a true fix exists for the sound dropping from the system and reverting back to TV speakers??? I was not aware of this when I purchased the system. Very disappointed. I have spent hours and tried all the fixes that people claim to have worked. Can anybody give me answer to a problem that I cannot believe exists!!!..Please try again or create a topic

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 August 2021, 22:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Is Bravia Sync (CEC) enabled on your TV? Does turning off the eARC setting make any difference? Are you using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc?

My solution was to use the optical connection. In discussions here and there I’ve seen other approaches with other sound bars, including having the TV’s motherboard replaced. In my case everything worked initially with the HDMI connection and a few weeks later the audio and other issues surfaced. I can’t prove that the issue is caused by a TV or SONOS update or a failure of either unit. 

I know that this will not help your immediate issue, but, in my opinion, communication on the CEC bus is loosely specified and not well understood or implemented. In my experience SONOS does a good or better implementation than anyone else that I’ve come across. (Of course I have not seen the whole universe of implementations)

I have a Sony A8H and all was working fine. Suddenly, cable tv sound is great but no sound from any of the apps accessed through the tv. Any ideas?

thanks!

Jmill2977,

Go to Settings → System → About My System and check the audio format. It is possible that the Apps are sending an unsupported format.

Thanks Buzz!  I am a novice with this stuff. What is appropriate format?

You are probably familiar with the idea that video arrives at various resolutions. Audio also has various forms starting with simple stereo to exotic surround sound formats.

Here is a list of supported formats.

Make sure that TV Apps are providing a supported format. This will be a setting in the TV. I’m not a TV App person. It is possible that an App will have it’s own audio format setting.

Thanks again!  I will see if I can get this to work