Answered

eARC with LG C9 and Sonos Arc soundbar and xfinity box

• 22 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
  • Prominent Collaborator II
  • 123 replies

The only issue noted with my Arc installation relates eARC settings. The LG C9 display has eARC capabilities. If "passthrough” is set to “on” and eARC is also "on” then the audio signal from the xfinity cable box persists on the Arc even after turning off the LG display. Since I don't have a need for eARC in my system, I can turn it off without a problem, but it feels like a bug. The Arc replaced a Beam in my system, and the Beam didn't have this problem.

icon

Best answer by GC3 7 July 2020, 00:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @GC3, sorry for the late response and thank you for reaching out.

Curious, it still plays the TV sound even if the TV is off.

I would like you to elaborate on how you set up the Sonos Arc.

Where is it connected to? 

I would like to also check the Xfinity Box, could you please get the model of it.

You can also take a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation. So, we can take a closer look.

Here’s how: Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @GC3, sorry for the late response and thank you for reaching out.

Curious, it still plays the TV sound even if the TV is off.

I would like you to elaborate on how you set up the Sonos Arc.

Where is it connected to? 

I would like to also check the Xfinity Box, could you please get the model of it.

You can also take a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation. So, we can take a closer look.

Here’s how: Settings > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

My setup is only a LG C9 display with roku streaming stick+, and the 4k xfinity box model XG1V4, with the display connected to the Sonos Arc.  The above problem sorted itself out after I played around with the HDMI settings. For my needs, those settings now can be either “auto” or “passthrough” with eARC either "off" or “on” and everything shuts down appropriately. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @GC3, thank you for the update.

I’m glad to hear it’s working, I appreciate you taking the time to troubleshoot this on your own.

If you need anything else, feel free to reach out.

The community is here to help.