Question

DTS HD MA / DTS X / ATMOS

• 12 July 2016
  • 6 replies

Its been a while since the first Sonos customer bought a Playbar only to find out that there is no possible way to play anything different that the obsolete DD 5.1 through S/PDIF or so called Toslink or optical. I think that the time has come to let them know that we are not just a bunch of people who do not have to do in our free time instead of just swearing that we want something more.

There is a way. Send this link to the support and let them know that it is not that hard to implement DTS and their technologies in the next Soundbar.

http://dts.com/get-licensed

There is another option.

If sonos could create a small box that would have a HDMI port and could send the data through he 5Ghz wifi to the other speakers in the system, there would be no need to create a whole new soundbar (but surely that would be nice too). Just a small box with HDMI port and 5Ghz. Just think about it.

If we want to change something we need to let them know.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

This is not a human or civil rights issue. This is a product, out there in the market, with certain features at a particular price. People buy it if they think it's worth the money, or they don't. Sonos makes that money or they don't. What's the problem?
I'm agreed with you seizmos, I've been waiting for more than one year, hoping to hear from Sonos about an upgrade or a New playbar that supports DTS-X , atmos or a least a 5.1.2, the only reason I haven't upgrade my system with a avr receiver and a set up of speakers including atmos, is because I hate running When wires all over the house, but if I don't hear anything from Sonos that an upgrade or a new playbar that supports this amazing technology, my Sonos system will end on eBay, my best friend already get rid of his Sonos? And upgraded to a 5.1.2, and what a difference.
Userlevel 3
This is not a human or civil rights issue. This is a product, out there in the market, with certain features at a particular price. People buy it if they think it's worth the money, or they don't. Sonos makes that money or they don't. What's the problem?

So, if a customer wants different options in their product - they should not tell a manufacturer?

Seems odd and completely contradictory to all marketing and customer satisfaction practices.
3 or 4 out of thousands of Sonos products owners, wanted to Sonos to do an upgrade, they sound good but an upgrade is needed.
Agreed. It was nice when we first got it, and not running wires was a big factor. But now? My Xbox One S supports DTS:X, Atmos, etc. I love the convenience of Sonos for entertaining guests (to stream music) and when watching football or HGTV. But when I'm watching a 4k movie, and looking for an immersive experience.... it's lacking. And with 4k gaming around the corner, the Sonos will join the other obsolete equipment like my Logitech Harmony remote, that hasn't been able to offer new features to keep me satisfied. Maybe I'll just rip it apart, and use the speakers in the bathrooms or something.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
I think that the time has come to let them know that we are not just a bunch of people who do not have to do in our free time instead of just swearing that we want something more.
I have no idea what this means.

There is a way. Send this link to the support and let them know that it is not that hard to implement DTS and their technologies in the next Soundbar.

http://dts.com/get-licensed

There is another option.

Is the other option to not be a jerk and waste the time of customer support stuff? I hope so. Sending that email to support is a stupid way to raise your request.

If we want to change something we need to let them know.

Do let them know. Don't spam them like a jerk.