Answered

Did I miss a Sonos-statement on Atmos?

• 22 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I am currently in contact with various Hifi-installers, as I am trying to decide on the right contractor and setup for a new house we are building. 

One firm I spoke with this week sounded fairly knowledgeable and we had a good chat on Sonos and implementation of AMPs and build-in speakers. 

When we talked about the well-known Sonos-limitations in terms of codes, he firmly stated and repeated that Sonos had recently committed to Dolby Atmos and other codecs. 

I was surprised as I thought I had been paying attention to any such statements and had not read anything but rumors  

Has Sonos made any such official statement?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 22 March 2020, 10:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If so I missed it too.  Lots of speculation that ‘Sonos S2’ will allow a replacement for the Playbar, but nothing said by Sonos on this as far as I am aware.

tejs-dyrvig-ernst

This was the latest S2 publication from Sonos, if that helps at all .…

Sonos S2 Overview

I have to wonder what those new devices are that showed up in the FCC database. Perhaps these installers have gotten information we haven’t? But I concur with Ken, the only data we know about for sure is what he has linked to. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Good to know my regular sources for tech-updates still seem to do their job. 

With this confirmed, I will try pushing him for more info and see what comes up. 

If they’ve gotten other information from their sources at Sonos, I think we’d all be interested!