Question

Crackling noise from playbar

• 4 June 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
I have a playbar, sub, play 3's in surround and 2 play 5's which I use when playing music to widen the image. Recently the playbar has developed an almost constant crackling when playing music as well as when listening to the tv. I've just submitted a diagnostic 7462309. Hope someone has some ideas.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi Cycle nut, Welcome to the Community!

Which PLAYBAR are you having the issue with, would it be practical to switch the PLAYBAR's around with each other and see if the crackle follows the PLAYBAR or the location. If it's not possible to switch them around, you say it makes the noise when playing music, if you temporarily disconnect the optical cable does the issue persist on music playback? If not, is the PLAYBAR connected directly to the TV, if it is what is the make and model of the TV? Many thanks
Badge
The playbar that has issues is one that I've had a while. It's in the bedroom setup. The playbar is connected to the tv via optical. I will try to swap round the playbars and see if the noise persists without the optical plugged in. The tv is a Sony Bravia 65"
I have a playbar, sub, play 3's in surround and 2 play 5's which I use when playing music to widen the image. Recently the playbar has developed an almost constant crackling when playing music as well as when listening to the tv. I've just submitted a diagnostic 7462309. Hope someone has some ideas.
I have the same issue with the playbar and tv. Get very low pitched crackling sometimes obnoxious. Recorded the sound and Sonos said had never heard it. They then sent me a "refurbished" replacement for a two month old unit which I think is ridiculous. Guess what....same sound issue!!!!
If it's the "same issue", my guess would be it is not actually the PLAYBAR that is the issue, but instead the signal that's being passed to it. But that's a hard one to prove. Maybe the diagnostic would show something.