Connecting Sonos with Samsung Smart TV

• 16 December 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello I have a new 75 smart Samsung TV and I am lost in the easiest and most effective way to connect this to Sonos? Any help would be much appreciated! I have a Play 1 Second Generation but not sure if it has Bluetooth and if this can connect with the other speakers (2 x Play 3 Sec Gen, 1 x Play 5 First Gen). The sound is amazing but not much use for cinema sound unless I can connect to this. Thanks and regards

GuitarSuperstar 2 years ago

The Arc or Beam will connect directly to the TV’s HDMI ARC port with an HDMI cable. You will be able to group the Arc or Beam with your other speakers in the Sonos app to play the same audio through all of the speakers. NOTE: If you are playing TV audio through the Arc or Beam and you group your other speakers in the Sonos app, the audio from the other speakers will have a slight audio delay. Music audio will be in sync though.

Also, the Arc and Beam (Gen 2) are only compatible with the Sonos S2 app. So if your other speakers are running on S1 and you want them to work together with the Arc or Beam, you will have to update and move your current speakers to the S2 app.

Read more about S2 compatibility here:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786?language=en_US

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately, none of your speakers are compatible with Bluetooth. The only Sonos speakers that work with Bluetooth are the Move and Roam. The best option to connect to your TV is getting a Sonos sound bar like an Arc or Beam.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Unfortunately, none of your speakers are compatible with Bluetooth. The only Sonos speakers that work with Bluetooth are the Move and Roam. The best option to connect to your TV is getting a Sonos sound bar like an Arc or Beam.

Thanks a lot, can the Arc and Beam connect with the Samsung? Once connected would it stream through the other Sonos speakers which are more limited?

Userlevel 7

The Arc or Beam will connect directly to the TV’s HDMI ARC port with an HDMI cable. You will be able to group the Arc or Beam with your other speakers in the Sonos app to play the same audio through all of the speakers. NOTE: If you are playing TV audio through the Arc or Beam and you group your other speakers in the Sonos app, the audio from the other speakers will have a slight audio delay. Music audio will be in sync though.

Also, the Arc and Beam (Gen 2) are only compatible with the Sonos S2 app. So if your other speakers are running on S1 and you want them to work together with the Arc or Beam, you will have to update and move your current speakers to the S2 app.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks so much man, if you had the setup I had what would you recommend, and which other speakers? I can get rid of the Gen 1 Play 5 and upgrade to S2 then keep the 2 x Play 3 Gen 2, and the 1 x Play 1 Gen 2. Maybe get another Play 1 Gen 2? Regards

Userlevel 7

What specific model is your TV? How big is your room?

I would probably go with the Sonos Arc and either use the two Play:3s as surrounds with the Arc or get another Play:1 and use the two Play:1s as surrounds. And if you have the budget, add a Sonos Sub to the Arc setup.

Hi, could you elaborate on the audio delay when watching TVs, is this a major issue as I am considering purchasing a similar set up? Thanks @GuitarSuperstar 

Userlevel 7

Hi, could you elaborate on the audio delay when watching TVs, is this a major issue as I am considering purchasing a similar set up? Thanks @GuitarSuperstar 

This thread does a good job explaining it:

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello, sorry for the delay! My room is round and it is about 45 x 55 feet, very high arched ceilings (25 feet). The TV is a Samsung 7 Series TU 7000. Currently I have 2 x Play 3's (2nd Gen) and 1 x Play 5 (1st Gen). Hence I am using S1 to play all of them together, which gives a good sound, but it can't connect to the TV. Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, could you elaborate on the audio delay when watching TVs, is this a major issue as I am considering purchasing a similar set up? Thanks @GuitarSuperstar 

This thread does a good job explaining it:

Hello, sorry for the delay! My room is round and it is about 45 x 55 feet, very high arched ceilings (25 feet). The TV is a Samsung 7 Series TU 7000. Currently I have 2 x Play 3's (2nd Gen) and 1 x Play 5 (1st Gen). Hence I am using S1 to play all of them together, which gives a good sound, but it can't connect to the TV. Thank you