Answered

connecting outdoor theatre to Sonos

• 24 August 2020
  • 4 replies

my wife recently purchased an outdoor movie projector to watch movies outside. We set it up using an HDMI to an ipad pro, the plan was to use our sonos Move as the speaker. To our amazement the theatre sound somehow synced to our outdoor speakers which is driven by a sonos connect amp, and to our play 5 which is located in our kitchen. It was amazing…..however…..we do not know how we achieved it! We can not figure out how we got these speakers to play, rather frustrating….we have been using the move by itself since, using the bluetooth feature. Can anyone shed a little light on to what we did to get these speakers synced. totally clueless! thanks!!

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 24 August 2020, 15:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I would bet that you were using Apple Airplay 2 to sync the audio, since the source was an iPad. That would allow you to cast the audio to any airplay compatible speakers on your WiFi network.  Quite a few Sonos speakers are airplay compatible.

when we do that all that comes up is the move and my sons samsung tv upstairs, i will add that when we stumbled upon this, the picture of the movie was visible on the sonos app like it was music that we were playing from out library

Was the Move connected to WiFi at the time?  It’s possible the Move is your only airplay compatible speaker in the system.  If so, no problem.  Connect to the Move via airplay, then in the Sonos app, group the Move with the other speakers you want to play on.

That’s the ticket, it worked perfectly….thanks for your help! I didn’t think the airplay would work with out it being on Bluetooth