Ceiling set up advice

• 4 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Im building a new house, and want to set up surround in the living room with wall/ceiling speakers. I have today a beam with sub and two One as surround. But I want to at least have the surround in ceiling instead of One hanging on the wall in my new house/living room. Is this possible?

And instead of beam I want wall speakers in front, but as far as I understand Amp is just a stereo unit which makes surround setup not possible with just wall/ceiling speakers?

Does Sonos have any amp that can handle multiple ceiling speakers for different zones? Having 5 Amp setup is quite costly. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you’re interested in wall/ceiling  speakers for both front and surrounds, you’d be much better off with a wired system, and not Sonos. That way, you could support the three disparate speakers up front, as well as surrounds, something Sonos doesn’t currently offer. In fact, going with a wired system would open you up to a full 7.2 Atmos system with disparate speakers. 

I was afraid of that. I love the easy wireless setup of sonos with just a hdmi in the tv and airplay streaming for music. I already have a full home theater setup for a room in the basement with “old school” speakers. Don’t think wife would like a new recivier/amplifier in the living room, unless it’s small like Amp size. 

As for having multiple ceiling speakers in different rooms (bathrooms, Washroom, bedroom, kitchen) for wireless music streaming what options is there besides having 5 Sonos Amp stacked? 

A single Port, connected to an external amplifier that powers all those rooms? You’d only have one source at a time, though. And have to find an amplifier that can power all of those speakers simultaneously.