Answered

Can I connect a Gen 1 Connect Amp with Sonos Arc / Gen 3 Sub

• 28 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi I just bought a Gen 3 sub and sonos arc. Am liking the sound after tuning it yesterday. Curious. I have two in wall surrounds. 

If I were to get a connect amp gen 1, will this integrate with the sound bar / sub? I hear Connect Amp Gen 1 works on S1 app...I don’t mind that...if it means when playing sounds through my TV the sound bar, surronds and sub work together. 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 November 2023, 17:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

You cannot use the Connect:Amp (Gen 1) with the Arc and Sub (Gen 3). The Connect:Amp (Gen 1) is only compatible with the S1 app. The Arc and Sub (Gen 3) are only compatible with the S2 app.

Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

Thanks. I bought a Gen 1 connect. My Home theater is setup with ARC/Gen 3 Sub. I was hoping to run in ceiling back speakers off the connect for surrounds...but I can’t get them to work together. They are two different apps. My Arc is connected with ethernet and HDMI for eARC. My connect is also connected by ethernet. 

I was under the impression that the arc/sub + Gen 1 connect can all work together. Am I missing something? 

Thanks.

The Arc requires S2. The CONNECT:AMP gen 1 requires S1. You can remove the sub from your equation, it doesn’t matter. Those two devices can not communicate with each other. 

Were I you, I’d find a CONNECT:AMP gen 2, which has enough memory and CPU to run S2, or a newer and more powerful Sonos Amp.

The Arc requires S2. The CONNECT:AMP gen 1 requires S1. You can remove the sub from your equation, it doesn’t matter. Those two devices can not communicate with each other. 

Were I you, I’d find a CONNECT:AMP gen 2, which has enough memory and CPU to run S2, or a newer and more powerful Sonos Amp.

Darn based on the response from here, I was under the impression they could. Now I have to find a way to offload this amp. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Where did you find that on the community? This should be corrected.

Where did you find that on the community? This should be corrected.

Unfortunately GuitarSuperstar made a small typo I think. Original post said you can connect it, but after my post that post was edited. Or it could be that I am slowly losing ability for reading comprehension...regardless lesson learned. 

I think there is a time limit on editing…but I’ll admit that 75% of my posts get edited within seconds. I’m a poor one finger typist, and that’s pretty much all I do on this iPad. And for some reason, I don’t see my mistakes until just after hitting ‘send’.