Answered

Beam Panasonic TV Audio

• 28 December 2018
  • 7 replies

Connected Beam but cannot turn audio on tV off
icon

Best answer by John B 3 January 2019, 11:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Towser23. Depending on the TV you have, you may need to dig through the Audio Settings menu and turn off the TV speakers.
Thanks Keith. I tried that but unfortunately you can’t turn the speakers off unless you can link the Beam via the viera link which I’m unable to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Understood. What is the make and model of the TV you are working with? Perhaps someone from the Community is using a similar model and could help? Additionally, we can take a closer look at any support documentation and see if we can figure this out.

Thanks.
Hi Keith, It’s a Panasonic and the model no. is TX-L47DT65B
My current Panasonic has a setting for this, but I seem to recall having problems with an earlier Panasonic when using with a Playbar. For various reasons I started using a Logitech Harmony Programmable remote control, which solved the issue, as I was able simply to reduce the TV volume to zero, and get the Logitech to send volume commands to the Playbar, not the TV.

You could just zero the volume and use only the Sonos app for volume on the Beam.

A workaround that has worked for some others is to put a pair of mobile phone headphones in the TV headphone socket (if there is one). That will shut some TVs up. Can't promise it would work for you.
Thanks for your advice John sounds like a work around that will suffice for now. cheers
As an addendum, I seem to remember some people setting the TV in "Hotel" mode, which apparently kills the audio, too. But I think it required access to some special area of the menu system, not normally accessible. Might be worth a google search, though.