Question

Beam not finding One SL speakers to complete surround setup

• 13 December 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I recently purchased a 5.1 surround set up with the beam, sub, and two OneSL speakers. During set up in the app, all were discovered and I chose all of the products to be in the family room, but each was somehow set up under its own family room (family room 1, 2, 3), not together. I have been able to link the beam and sub together, or the one SL speakers and sub together, but cannot connect all in one group in the same family room. Currently the beam and sub are connected, and when I try to set up surround through the app, I get a prompt that says “two compatible Sonos speakers are required to add surrounds. Make sure your products are powered on and connected to Wi-Fi.” Both OneSL speakers are stereo paired, are on and connected to Wi-Fi, but for some reason are not being discovered by the beam and sub combo. So at the moment I can listen to the Beam with the sub but have no surround. Would appreciate some advice on how to either add the beam and sub to the already paired OneSL speakers, or add the speakers to the beam and sub pairing. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @CJ85.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention and thanks for doing the extra mile of starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. I would like to provide some recommendations to help you out.

I would suggest calling our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting steps, It is best that you be familiar with the following information so we can check our articles if we have a known issue with your network hardware since stereo pairs worked but not adding the stereo paired Sonos device as surround. There could be other causes that trigger this issue and needs further and more in-depth troubleshooting steps and investigation.

1. Router make and model.
  2. Modem make and model.
  3. Wifi booster or extender make and model.
  4. Mesh system make and model.
  5. Secondary or tertiary router make and model.
  6. Other devices wired to the router.
  7. Network switch or hub make and model.
  8. Other devices wirelessly connected to the router.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everybody can help you out.

Thanks,