Answered

Beam: Keeps switching back to ARC from Bluetooth - how to stop?

Show first post

212 replies

@Ken_Griffiths

Hi, i definitely not the only one with an LG that can't switch off simplink while the beam is connected through arc. .If you read through the whole thread,, many people mentioned it already. If you swifch simplink off, it automatically switches back on within seconds.That is when the beam is connected.

@Ken_Griffiths

Hi, i definitely not the only one with an LG that can't switch off simplink while the beam is connected through arc. .If you read through the whole thread,, many people mentioned it already. If you swifch simplink off, it automatically switches back on within seconds.That is when the beam is connected.

Then I would most definitely contact LG Support because that sounds like a design-fault/firmware issue that needs correcting on their part - you can quote the fact that their OLED55C9PLA, LG 24TQ510S-PZ or TV28MTS48S TV’s do not do this and correctly allows the CEC Protocol to be disabled to enable all other audio outputs, either with, or without, any soundbar (including Sonos Beam & Arc) attached to their HDMI2-ARC/eARC port. 

I have two other TV’s from both Samsung and Sharp that are at a different location that also allow the CEC protocol to be disabled when a Sonos Beam is attached.

This is an issue for the TV manufacturer to resolve, as many soundbars these days correctly use the ARC/eARC (Audio Return Channel) for sound-out and it should always be the case that another audio output source can be selected in the TV settings, by disabling Simplink/CEC.

This has nothing to do with Sonos - it’s down to the TV manufacturer.

Appreciate the feedback.

Though switching off cec should also not be necessary in my opinion. Probably will tryout a Samsung audio set-up and if that sounds satisfactory without problems switching to headphones (and no cec workarounds) , I'll probably move away from sonos (for Tv at least, already have a 2.1 sonos for many years for music which i'll keep) 

Appreciate the feedback.

Though switching off cec should also not be necessary in my opinion. Probably will tryout a Samsung audio set-up and if that sounds satisfactory without problems switching to headphones (and no cec workarounds) , I'll probably move away from sonos (for Tv at least, already have a 2.1 sonos for many years for music which i'll keep) 

It’s a feature of almost every TV that I’ve ever encountered and I’ve helped a few members of my family and some friends with their TV’s and Soundbars/Home Theatres in the last few years - CEC when used with ARC/eARC needs to be switched off to allow the TV to use a different audio output - like Bluetooth, Optical, Headphones etc. I would definitely go speak to LG 

I’m not sure if this may help as it’s probably a different WebOS version, but on my OLED C9 TV I have to goto ‘Settings/Connection/HDMI Device Settings” to disable it - it’s the same area where you should see auto-power-sync, which is another feature of CEC control.

I can’t believe the Sonos Beam Gen 2 doesn’t have Bluetooth ability.  Wow, I just paid $500 for a soundbar that doesn’t even do what the cheap one it replaced did.  I was going to blast some Spotify tunes from my phone.  SO DISAPPOINTED!

I can’t believe the Sonos Beam Gen 2 doesn’t have Bluetooth ability.  Wow, I just paid $500 for a soundbar that doesn’t even do what the cheap one it replaced did.  I was going to blast some Spotify tunes from my phone.  SO DISAPPOINTED!

I don’t really understand why you would ever want to use a Bluetooth connection to blast out your Spotify tunes, when you can use local WiFi and Spotify ‘direct control’, or even the Sonos App/Spotify in-built service …and listen to your tunes in higher quality audio playback, that’s way-more reliable than a Bluetooth connection, as it involves a ~75ms buffer for audio-reliability, that can be used to sync the audio playback on up-to 32 Sonos devices?

Helpful

I have the same problem with a OLED65C39LC in combination with a Sonos ARC. I personally see the problem on LG side.

Hi,

I opened a ticket at LG. This is the feedback I received (translated via google from german to english):

My request:

Ladies and Gentlemen

I recently purchased an LG TV "OLED65C39LC". I use Simplink and have connected the TV to a Sonos ARC. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to change the audio settings so that you can either use the TV's speakers or use a headset connected to the TV via Bluetooth.

I would like to continue to use the CEC function in conjunction with a Sonos ARC, as I normally use the Sonos ARC for audio output. In the evening, however, I would prefer to use a headset that is connected to the LG TV via Bluetooth.

Problem: Every time I switch to audio output “headset”, the TV resets the settings back to HDMI ARC (Sonos ARC) after 2-3 seconds. The problem has already been described by people in various forums and has existed for more than 3 years. I find it disappointing that a product like the OLED65C39LC also has this problem - even considering the very high price.

Deactivating the Simplink function is not a solution either! I don't understand why LG hasn't implemented the feature so that the audio settings that you set manually don't remain permanently configured.

I hope that LG finds a solution here and offers it to us customers.

The Feedback:

Dear Mr. x,

Thank you very much for contacting LG Electronics Deutschland GmbH.
- Due to the CEC control, the HDMI-ARC connection is always prioritized and functions normally. I can't offer any solution other than interrupting HDMI.

A direct reply to this email is not possible. If you would like to contact us again, please open a new ticket using the contact form. If you have any further questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Best regards

x

A workaround using fiber is no option for me because the Sonos ARC does not support fiber :-(

Which workaround using fiber are you speaking of? I thought the workaround was using optical for the connection between the TV and the Sonos Arc? The Arc ships with an optical to ARC adapter, as far as I know.

A workaround using fiber is no option for me because the Sonos ARC does not support fiber :-(

There’s an optical to HDMI-ARC adapter included with every Arc.