Answered

Beam: Keeps switching back to ARC from Bluetooth - how to stop?

Show first post

212 replies

Hello, I think I solved the problem, I went into the sound options and select E-ARC mode, and  my Bluetooth headset was working well after that without having to unplug the hdmi arc!

Hi all, 

unfortunately I am another very disappointed user of Sonos eco system having issues with Bluetooth earphones disconnecting from  LG OLED GX3 TV when the Sonos Beam is linked via ARC & HDMI-CEC. 

I would kindly like to ask Sonos Engineering team to sort this out by providing fix to Beam’s firmware. 

Regards,
Grzegorz

Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue.  LG OLED TV with Beam connected via ARC & HDMI-CEC.   When I switch to my Bluetooth headphone I get about 2 seconds of audio before the TV switches back to ARC.   Even if I put a different source through the Beam.   I have to unplug the Beam for Bluetooth to work.   Clearly a bug SONOS need to look at,

Regards 

Chris 

Same for me. Using Sonos Arc with Sub and One SL as a 5.1. Sony Headphones will only connect 2s before it switches back to ARC.

I am currently un/replugging the Arc every time I want to use the BT headphones - still better then disabling CEC all the time / missing the Remote control.

please do something about this Sonos. 

Badge

Same issue with a BT headseat and Sonos Beam. Keeps switching back to the Beam after a few seconds. Needs a fix or very good and easy workaround.

+1

Beam & LG GX connected via HDMI. If i select another Audio Output like Bluetooth or TV speakers the audio is switching automatically back to the beam after a couple of seconds. 

#notsolved

Truly unbelievable that Sonos know about this issue. Know that its their issue as other manufacturers don't have it. AND DON'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. If it was made clear or better publicised im sure many people would make different purchasing choices.

Lets see what happens when Sonos release their own much rumoured  headphones. If theirs connect to TV's without all the continuous setting changes or unplugging and other brands dont I think their end up in court. In the meantime I'm going to post this issue far and wide so others can make an informed choice of what TV audio to buy.

Hello 

LG CX, Sonos ARC, airpod pro/xbox wireless headset.Same thing for me ! GRRRR

The unique solution is to disable simplink and we loose the possibility to control the arc with the remote …. So it’s not a solution !

Please Sonos do something ! It’s a basic option to be able to choose easely the source of the sound ! 

:(

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You only temporarily disable it...

You only temporarily disable it...

Yeah Superbe ! And I have to go to settings, device connection etc… each time I want to use a bluetooth headset ... Very very friendly :thinking:  And I have to explain that to all the member of the family ...

Seriously … 

The most simple solution I found is to put a switch on the AC in the wall and when I want to use a headset, I cut the power of the arc… On a 900$ soundbar, not very 2021...

Unfortunately I have this same issue. Every time my girlfriend watches TV with headphones we need to disconnect the ARC in order for the LG CX to connect to the headphone. Could SONOS please look for a solution?

Thank you.

I can confirm it’s a Sonos issue.

Downstairs: Sonos Beam / Samsung The Frame ”65 / Bose 700 HP = problem

Upstairs: Harman Kardon Citation / Samsung The Frame ”55 / Bose 700 HP = No problem

Fix would be nice so you don’t have to manually turn E-ARC off.. every.. time.. and.. back.. on.. every.. time.. 

I've not been able to get any Bluetooth headphones to work with my LG C8 for ages and I kept thinking it was the headphones. It was only until I recently bought a pukka pair of cans that I realised its the Sonos! To get round it I've used the optical to hdmi adapter so the Stuipdos doesn't use hdmi anymore. Now I can swap between both outputs easily. The only downside is that I can only control the volume on the sound bar from the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can command the Beam with it: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3402?language=nl_NL

Userlevel 1

@Ken_Griffiths Thanks for helping me find that SimpLink/HDMI-CEC on/off setting on the LG C9 TV. It’s exactly where you said it was.

Still--with no disrespect intended towards you or anyone else taking a side here--this sequence of button presses and remote-mouse movements is overly burdensome for anyone but the expert user. The whole thing boils down to: “I keep selecting one thing, but getting another.”

AirPods for some viewing sessions (e.g., don’t wake-up the other members of the household) and Sonos Arc for others (e.g., normal or group or daytime viewing) seems like a pretty modest ask. Yet the number of button pushes and remote-mouse movements is pretty intensive just to switch between the two audio outputs. Makes me want to build a man-cave instead (as yet another workaround to the original problem).

Who knew getting a really nice flat screen TV and pairing it with a really nice soundbar would lead to such disappointment. Very frustrating.

I understand and to some extent I agree, but I see this as being something TV manufacturers in general should fix with their software - the user should be able to select the Bluetooth option and it either switches off CEC, or it simply allows both audio outputs at the same time (my preferred option). I think that is a better solution than perhaps having Sonos fix this.

I really don't get your logic. Multiple OEMs have ARC products working perfectly, Sonos does not. Sonos implements CEC in a way that doesn't work and now multiple TV manufacturers should all separately fix this for them?!

I'm in the same boat, recently purchased an LG-Cx 65" and invested in the sonos arc to replace my my sonos playbar for  the dolby atmos experience which works great with my sonos sub (gen2) and two play 1's, this all works great together, unfortunately my blutooth Sony m3 headphones keep knocking off after 2 seconds and and the sound source switching back to the sonos arc. Will this bug ever be fixed? I have seen this problem all over the place now after a little Googling around. I know there is a workaround by switching off the hdmi cec but we shouldn't have to do this, starting to regret my sonos purchase, it's the little things like this that bother me. 

i have the same issue with LG CX and sonos arc.

I have to go to TV sound menu and toggle the eARC switch off then on.  Then the bluetooth headphones will connect 100%.  Its an annoyance to have to go through this but proves its a software problem that can be fixed.  It’s a SONOS problem if folks with multiple TV brands are experiencing it.  

SONOS, are you listening?  I see replies on other forums but not this one.

I love the soundbar so much I bought your stock.  Hello?

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out with the Sonos Community! I understand that we all want to keep the Sonos Arc/Beam and headphones connected to our TV at the same time and that kind of behavior is based on your TV on how the HDMI connections work because you are connecting two output devices to your TV. As others suggested this is more and can be handled appropriately by the TV manufacturers. You can try optical for better options but it will still up to you on how to proceed. Just let us know if you need anything. We and the community are always here to help.

If you do this you lose the atmos function of the sound bar.

Hi All, BOSE 300 WORKS

I can confirm an Error with my Sonos Arc BUT works perfect with Bose soundtouch 300. Both tested on my Samsung Q80 75in

I used a friends Bose and it does not switch back to HDMI once I select tv speakers or Bluetooth Buds.

However, my Sonos Arc fails and does auto switch back to HDMI after 2 seconds when I select TV speaker or buds. I have videos to prove this.

Typical Tech giant answers = Samsung says it works with Bose so contact Sonos because this proves our TV sees a soundbar correctly. Sonos says call Samsung because there TV is choosing what port to push sound out. We don't control it.

Can anyone else please test or confirm if thier TV works with other soundbars after failing with Sonos and post back here.

Why does Samsung TV see a Bose 300? What are they doing different?

Can Samsung and Sonos please get together and resolve this issue. I'm sure it's a few lines of code because it's proved it works for 2 seconds already.

So frustrating to buy High-end goods and get pushed back and forth. 

Someone step up please.

Can confirm same issue on my end (LG C1 65 + Sonos Arc / Sub). When activating bluetooth headphones, get audio for about 2 seconds before the switch back. 

Will try to disable Simplink but can see this as rather annoying. I would have thought a firmware update would have already fixed this - so given the absence of one and any genuine acknowledgement from SONOS may actually point to a hardware related issue. Pity, i held out on getting on the Sonos bandwagon for many many years and am now considering returning the setup back to the store given this lack of this basic usability. 

Can confirm same issue on my end (LG C1 65 + Sonos Arc / Sub). When activating bluetooth headphones, get audio for about 2 seconds before the switch back. 

Will try to disable Simplink but can see this as rather annoying. I would have thought a firmware update would have already fixed this - so given the absence of one and any genuine acknowledgement from SONOS may actually point to a hardware related issue. Pity, i held out on getting on the Sonos bandwagon for many many years and am now considering returning the setup back to the store given this lack of this basic usability. 

Can you test another brand soundbar?

I have the same issue with LG C9 and Arc, infuriating. Was fine with Playbar as was over optical :(

Sonos, please fix this! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m not sure Sonos thinks anything needs fixing. Though I can see the problem for you.

Not sure what im doing wrong but the Simplink setting on the LG C1 will automatically re-enable itself. So i dont think that ‘work around’ is an effective one. Im able to get the bluetooth headphones to work intermittently by following a random procedure of switching the audio ouput and disabling simplink, but i have not been able to uncover a pattern/procedure of steps required to do this consistently. 

The only thing that seems to work 100% of the time is unplugging the HDMI cable from the eARC enabled hdmi port on the TV or soundbar. 

To assure myself that im not going mad, i plugged in my old Samsung soundbar and it worked a treat (including LG remote control volume adjustment which demonstrated that CEC was still on), so this is definitely a SONOS related issue. Anybody who begs to differ is clearly delusional. 

After dropping some decent coin on this setup I’m left quite disappointed with my first (and last) SONOS acquisition given the terrible customer support and outright refusal to even acknowledge that this is their problem to fix. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Without knowing about CEC protocols and how to adhere to them (there does seem to be a difference between Samsung and Sonos) we still do not know if, technically, there is a problem to fix.

For you the LG turning on Simplink automatically is an extra disadvantage.