Beam intermittent cutting out

• 14 March 2021
  • 2 replies

My Bean has been experiences intermittent drops in audio ever since upgrading to the S2 app. I have troubleshooted this several different ways. 

- Moved a One immediately next to it connected to same WiFi (both on static IP) on same power socket. One continuous to play fine without problems while the beam is cutting out intermittently. 

- Power cycled both the beam and the router to try to fix. 
- All on the latest firmware. 
- Both using Airplay to play to it without grouping on Sonos APP still doesn’t solve it. 
Grouping on Sonos App and playing through the app is the same problem.

- Playing just through the Beam still cutting out. 

At this point I’m out of ideas of how to fix or troubleshoot. It was working fine with no problems until I updated to the S2 app. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Can you connect any of your Sonos speakers directly to the router with an ethernet cable?

Good call. I connected the beam to Ethernet and it seems to be working fine now. But it’s not a sustainable solution. The one in the same location on WiFi is working fine. Does the beam have an inferior WiFi chip?