Beam gen 2 HDMI e arc & Samsung Q95T tv

• 18 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Tv autoplay not switched on in Sonos 2 app but matters not on or off anyway. The tv will not budge of receiver in sound settings. Cannot get tv speakers or Bose bluetooth headphones as clicking on them in sound settings gives a few seconds play then jumps back to Receiver sound. Never saw these problems in reviews prior to purchasing beam gen 2. Sonos should give automatic refunds to unhappy purchasers. Also noticed tv off during the night. Sonos left on. Switching tv on in morning Sonos connects but sound defaults to 0. Had HDMI-cec sound problem as well. App said switch on  cec on tv settings. It was already on. I've only had the soundbar for a few days. Sonos sent me a welcome e-mail with tips etc. Unfortunately one was tapping with phone to set up well my Samsung A40 isn't new enough to do that. What about Trueplay sorry that's a no no no my phone is Android. These details are not easy to find when making purchase. The sales staff do not even know. Nevermind a refund should be compensation for time wasted and deceit of information.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Broxy 

I’m sorry to hear that you had such a hard time with your Sonos Beam. It sounds like the TV needed a reboot, or there was another HDMI device creating a CEC conflict. Or perhaps the Beam wasn’t plugged into a HDMI-ARC port?

Your phone will certainly have NFT support - perhaps it was turned off in the settings? It is unfortunate that we can’t support Android for TruePlay - the microphones used are just too varied for us to test and profile them all.

Regardless, it looks like you have obtained a refund already - I’m sorry we didn’t get the chance to help you. Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Corry P,

Many thanks for your quick reply. You may be correct with the phone problem. Have never tapped with it before. To be honest still working my way through how to use it.  No haven't had a refund. Rebooting the tv sorted out connection problem. Sat down looked out the window and the rain had stopped and out came the sun. Put on my beam and played some music.wow!!! Great sound for such a compact device. That was me for 2hrs.:)  Needless to say no refund required. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Broxy 

Fantastic!

You must have used a different email on your system - I saw that there were no products registered and presumed you had returned it. 

Great to hear that you’re now happy with your Beam, and you are very welcome!