Question

BEAM Arc Connection to Samsung Not Working

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

I have a Samsung 8 Series (UN65MU8000) TV hooked up to a Sonos Beam and Sub. The Beam is connected via an HDMI Arc connection. For the past year, system has been working fine... until today. I’m no longer able to output audio via the HDMI Arc connection. The Beam shows up on my Source menu, but the TV will no longer outputs audio to it. Any thoughts? I unplugged the Beam and disconnected the HDMI cable several times and nothing. Sonos TV setup is also not working. 

I submitted a diagnostic: 1231399004

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @uclamba2001.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the step(s) that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, the system detected that the CEC is either not enabled or not working on an HDMI connection with the TV, or perhaps another device is blocking broadcast messages.

To verify, are you also not getting audio or sound from the Beam on music playback/streaming?

You can try to turn off the TV and play any music on the Beam through the Sonos app.

I recommend the following steps to try and resolve the issue:

• Please confirm the HDMI cable is fully plugged in, it’s good that you already unplug it, but can you try to fully unplug the HDMI cable from the Beam and TV and wait for 30 seconds. Then turn on the TV, reconnect the HDMI cable to Beam, and the TV, ensuring all connections are fully seated.
  • Check CEC, ARC, and/or SAM settings for the TV, ensure that they are all on/enabled.
  • Navigate through the TV settings menu and look for CEC, SAM, and ARC settings. TV menu options are manufacturer and model specific.
  • Reboot all home theater devices by unplugging from power, wait for a few seconds before plugging back in.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number so I can check further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue. It’s best to trigger the diagnostic while the TV is On and when it is Off.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.