BBC iPlayer sound cutting out with Arc

• 24 December 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

The sound intermittently but regularly ( every minute or so) cuts out whilst using the Arc. Is there a fix for this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @PaulinBont.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

To better understand, kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Annazel.

Thank you for your offer to help. My diagnostic report confirmation number is 2132018927.

Kind Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Annazel,

Sound drop out is continuing .A further diagnostic code if it helps: 1785028508.

Thanks,

Paul

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Any progress in respect of this issue Annazel?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @PaulinBont.

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the delayed response time.

Looking at the diagnostic report, no issue was found/detected on the system.  

Kindly verify what type of cable was used from the Arc to the TV, is it HDMI ARC/eARC or Optical?

Is the audio interruption happen only when using TV audio or it is also happening on music playback?

What audio source is in use when it’s happening? Examples: Cable box, Blu-Ray player, Apple TV, built-in TV apps for streaming services

Checking further on the log’s see that your speaker is losing connection to your network frequently. This could cause audio interruptions, though it shouldn't affect TV audio. There are a few wireless networks in a close range running on the same wireless channel as your own. Please try changing your router's wireless channel and see if things improve.

Let us know how that goes.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello Annazel,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I am using the HDMI cable that was supplied with the Arc, connected to the Sony AF9 television ARC port. I am informed that although my tv only has an ARC port the tv is eARC capable . 

The problem only occurs when using the BBC iPlayer app on the tv.

I hope that this helps.

Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Annazel,

Further to your reply above, when I go to ‘Sonos Net Channel ’ on the S2 app, the option to change is not there; it is ‘greyed out’, it’s on Channel 6.

Regards,

Paul

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like you have a TV with a problem, a Samsung perhaps? Make sure the TV has the latest firmware.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Sounds like you have a TV with a problem, a Samsung perhaps? Make sure the TV has the latest firmware.

No , it’s a Sony AF9 and the software has been updated 

I have EXACTLY the same issue with Sony Bravia 55” and Sonos Arc...and only on BBC iPlayer