Answered

Arc TV sound cuts in and out.

Show first post

748 replies

Badge +1

Looks like Sony has made progress. Firmware Update version became same for 950G and 950H.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bravia/comments/k1d6zs/finally_sony_bravia_firmware_update_version/

Same problem

Userlevel 2
Badge

Anyone with LG CX had complete sound drops switching between sources?

Have you experienced any since 3.11.30 firmware?, It’s too early to tell but since installing 3.11.30 on the CX, apart from a minor audio dropout that came back on its own, I have yet to get a complete loss of sound when switching between sources.

But as said it's only been since yesterday, that the ARC has played nice. 

Yeah mine is still skipping with 3.11.30 when playing content from the Apple TV 4K. When I play an Atmos movie from the Apple movies app it works fine, but if I try to play a YouTube video right after the sound skips until I power cycle the TV.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Anyone with LG CX had complete sound drops switching between sources?

Have you experienced any since 3.11.30 firmware?, It’s too early to tell but since installing 3.11.30 on the CX, apart from a minor audio dropout that came back on its own, I have yet to get a complete loss of sound when switching between sources.

But as said it's only been since yesterday, that the ARC has played nice. 

Yeah mine is still skipping with 3.11.30 when playing content from the Apple TV 4K. When I play an Atmos movie from the Apple movies app it works fine, but if I try to play a YouTube video right after the sound skips until I power cycle the TV.

Oh yeah the skipping, I had that but not played the correct content to test that issue since 3.11.30, I was talking about complete audio drops when switching sources if you ever got that?

I have had a couple of sound drops when switching tv on, on live tv so far, but as yet still not had a complete drop when switching between sources.

It’s to early to tell but 3.11.30 might have helped a little, but seems there is still a way to go then.

Thanks

Have a Samsung Q95 TV and also have the same problem with the arc sound cutting in and out.

But have found a way to solve the issue with out turning the power off and on. 

in the expert sound setting there is a Dolby Atmos compatibility toggle button.   By simply clicking this off and on it fixes the ARC problem and can even set the HDMI -eARC mode to auto which following this process.

so clearly the problem is fixable.    Just getting sick of having to do this every day.   

It’s amazing that this has been going on for months and it’s not fixed. Having to reboot the ARC around one to two times per week.

This issue has finally been resolved for me today with the arc update. (Samsung frame tv)
4 months was way too long for a resolution. 

Still not resolved for me with my Frame tv sadly...

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Getting weird. Was watching football today on Youtube TV. Switched from Giants v. Bengals (FOX) to Colts v. Titans (CBS). All ok. Then switch back and sound dropped. Back to Colts v. Titans and sound back. Back again to Giants v. Bengals and . . . sound back! Did not have to switch sound source, unplug anything, or power cycle anything. So again, seems like audio when interrupted upon changing channels sometimes is re-established, sometimes not. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

eARC now completely gone. Power cycled everything but can’t get it back. Will call support line tomorrow but starting to think seriously about a return and refund. 

@Kyle A and @Krishma M another diagnostic 2102851875. It has cut out every morning when the tv is turn on.  I have hooked up the Sonos ARC to a samsung QE5595T. I just bought the Sonos Arc will it be possible to return the product if the issue is not solved in another month?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

So 5 days running not had a complete audio drop changing between sources on the LG CX, since installing 3.11.30 firmware on CX.

Before I was getting at least 1 drop a day, although I have had 1 drop just turning on TV and then it dropping after a few seconds, but it’s not done it when source switching.

Looking promising, It would be great if any owners of the LG CX could post feedback who had issues and if 3.11.30 has fixed dropouts?

Just would like to get an idea if it’s me being lucky at the moment or it is fixed somewhat.

I have a Sonos Arc + Sub connected to my Samsung QEQ95T QLED TV and getting very frustrated with sound compatibility. The issue is that every time I turn the TV on, the sound is intermittent (1sec off, 3secs on). I’ve tried changing inputs, settings, HDMI cords, apps, used Samsung TV and Apple TV 4K and when the issue is occurring, it occurs no matter what I’m using or doing. The way to cure this is to go into the expert sound compatibility menu and toggle 'Amos compatibility on or off', as well as replugging the HDMI. I have checked all the usual HDMI cable which is plugged into the e-ARC socket of the TV. Is there a problem with the software communicating with any of the TV's? There seems to be a lot of internet chatter about this problem so it is not just myself. Would anyone investigate this software problem before I return my superb Sonos sound. 

Could you source a Samsung/LG TV and replicate the fault as many on here have experienced, with a view to solving the problem. Having read most of these entries, this is a very common fault, probably software. Please lets fix it!

I’ll submit an IT ticket as well. 

New to the community - I have exactly the same issues as @Kesilar above.  Also have a new 2020 Samsung Q95T and ever since I have started using the new Arc, the sound cuts in and out every time we turn the TV on.  I have also experienced it when using the Sonos App when there has been no music playing or the TV on for a while.  I believe that this is a more far reaching issue than just when watching TV.

In addition to the whole sound cutting in and out, I have found that the One SL speakers also cut in and out mid movie for a second or so every now and then.

The only way to recity this is to turn the Arc off and on when you want to use it.  An absolutey frustrating situation - is a solution likely to arrive anytime soon @sonos?  I have tried turning on and off Atmos capability, tried other cables, different ports (currently in e-ARC), tried using WiFi & RJ45 CAT8 cables.  Also tried with a different TV - Nothing seems to fix the issue.

Installation: Room 1: 2020 Arc, 2 x One SL & Sub Gen 3.  Room 2: 2020 Sonos Amp & iPort xPress Keypad.  Room 3:  Ikea Sonos Symfonisk Lamp.  Room 4:  Ikea Sonos Symfonisk Bookshelf Speaker. 

No issues with any other Sonos products - just the ones in the room with the Arc!

Diagnostic report 866545666 and 1142277901 submitted

Badge +1

New firmware update for Sony 950G and 950H:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/xbr-55x950g/downloads

According to the EU release note version, Sony seems to fix this issue. See my previous comment.

I have an LG cx. I just ordered the arc which won’t ship till mid January. After reading this post I’m wondering if I should cancel my order. Do they all have issues with sound dropping and magic remotes not working?  Please be honest. $850 is a lot to spend on a sound bar that only works sometime. Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

eARC working again today. I don’t get it . . . 

Same as above. I have a Samsung frame. I need to unplug the arc every time I turn the tv on in order for the sound to work. Otherwise, I get about 1 second of audio followed by 3 seconds of silence.  Please help!  Sounds great when it works.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

I thought it was fixed on my lg cx, but yesterday It dropped again switching from apple tv 4k back to live TV.

I was watching Atmos content, so perhaps the issue occurs more so when listening to atmos audio and back to stereo, dolby 5.1….

I have been exchanging emails with the senior software product manager at Sonos who has just sent me the below information …

We are currently focused on some Samsung issues and making good progress.  After we address those TVs, we will be moving onto the Sony.  I'm afraid the process of tracking down interop issues is a long one as it can take a while to replicate the issue(s). I cannot give you a timeline at this stage but it is worth noting that one of the solutions for the Samsung issues will likely improve,  if not fix,  your issues but we will need more testing. 

Keeping my fingers crossed ….

Hello, I just received my Sonos Arc for my LG CX, tried some Dolby Atmos content and then one hour in this issue already happened after switching to some Live TV.

The sound is cutting in and out for no reason and I can’t seem to find a workaround to at least fix it.

That’s a bit disappointing for a device this pricey.

I am having the same sound issues as everyone else. Sonos support have been in email contact with me and I have sent them the diagnostics. Nothing has been resolved. I now want a replacement - a newer model. I emailed Sonos and the reply email said that I would get a response within one working day - I have heard nothing yet (3 days on).

Would someone on the Sonos Support team get back to me BUT please don’t tell me to phone the support team as I cannot get through!

I have Sony A8h 65 with arc, sub and SL ones. I could replicate the issue of sound dropping out on particular content on Netflix. It wouldn't last 5 mins without a stutter or drop out. Since the latest sony update, around a week ago, I have had no issues. The Sony firmware update stated a fix for earc sound issues.

I will keep monitoring but this is not purely a sonos issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I was thinking about the issue that I had a few nights ago - complete sound loss when using eARC and no way to get it back, but all fine the next day. On the night when I was having trouble, I noticed that resolution on YoutubeTV (set to auto) was only 480p instead of a max of 720p on ESPN. It was a very stormy night and I ascribe the low resolution to some storm-related bandwidth issues. My point is that at least for that night, the eARC sound issues seemed to correlate with the lower video resolution, which was presumablycaused by lower than usual data transfer rates. Could these lower data rates impact eARC audio signal? Way out of my depth here, but just wondering if bandwidth might be an issue for eARC. 

I’ve been doing a lot of reading on various forums. Lg and other tv manufacturers and it seems this May not be specific to Sonos Arc or other soundbars. But possibly eArc out of the tv itself. I’ve also seen many complaints of this having to do with Apple 4K. Thoughts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I was thinking about the issue that I had a few nights ago - complete sound loss when using eARC and no way to get it back, but all fine the next day. On the night when I was having trouble, I noticed that resolution on YoutubeTV (set to auto) was only 480p instead of a max of 720p on ESPN. It was a very stormy night and I ascribe the low resolution to some storm-related bandwidth issues. My point is that at least for that night, the eARC sound issues seemed to correlate with the lower video resolution, which was presumablycaused by lower than usual data transfer rates. Could these lower data rates impact eARC audio signal? Way out of my depth here, but just wondering if bandwidth might be an issue for eARC. 

I highly doubt it..when perfect weather occurs, there are still drop outs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I have Sony A8h 65 with arc, sub and SL ones. I could replicate the issue of sound dropping out on particular content on Netflix. It wouldn't last 5 mins without a stutter or drop out. Since the latest sony update, around a week ago, I have had no issues. The Sony firmware update stated a fix for earc sound issues.

I will keep monitoring but this is not purely a sonos issue.

My issue happens every 7 to 14 days. It would have to be 30 days of no issues for me to think it has been resolved. Sony Bravia XBR 65- 950G is my tv and have not seen an update yet, or it hasn’t arrived to me as they can’t update everyone at the same time.