Answered

ARC SUDDEN NO SOUND...

Userlevel 1

After hours of movie watching , the ARC sound  just Cuts out…. When I shut the tv off and on again the sound comes back on… I have a top of the line Samsung QP82-R and it is not the issue. What’s up with this ARC and all the posts same as mine of sound suddenly going mute…??????

icon

Best answer by ledzep1 8 August 2020, 10:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @DOM_V_V.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to recommend these guides to better understand the Sonos system and hopefully help fix the issue.

1. This guide would help give a better understanding of the supported and unsupported audio format for Sonos home theater speakers.
  2. This gives a better understanding of TV requirements for Sonos home theater speakers.
  3. Here is another guide about TV audio stops or skips.
  4. I would also recommend submitting a diagnostic white the issue is re-occurring for us to check the recorded events of the Sonos device.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help,

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

After hours of movie watching , the ARC sound  just Cuts out…. When I shut the tv off and on again the sound comes back on… I have a top of the line Samsung QP82-R and it is not the issue. What’s up with this ARC and all the posts same as mine of sound suddenly going mute…??????

How can you positively say the TV can’t be the problem. I’m not saying the Arc isn’t the issue but it may well be your TV. 

Userlevel 1

Hi Alberta ,

because I have an 82” Samsung QLED , a 65” LG , 55” Sony and 50” LG and 2 42” Samsung and this issue occurs on all of them . And !! If it were to be my 82” tv which is a mainstream brand “Samsung” then SONOS would have a hell of a market voided … TV or not it’s happening and it’s common!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @DOM_V_V.

Thanks for your immediate response. 

I have provided recommendations above to help fix the issue. Sonos Is not just a plug and play device. It is a SMart WiFi capable device that does not work only by plugging it into a TV. We do have key features that work only when the Sonos device is properly configured through the TV and through the Sonos app. 

Hi @DOM_V_V.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to recommend these guides to better understand the Sonos system and hopefully help fix the issue.

1. This guide would help give a better understanding of the supported and unsupported audio format for Sonos home theater speakers.
  2. This gives a better understanding of TV requirements for Sonos home theater speakers.
  3. Here is another guide about TV audio stops or skips.
  4. I would also recommend submitting a diagnostic white the issue is re-occurring for us to check the recorded events of the Sonos device.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help,

Thanks,

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Paul …. Try finding another job. You vague , repetitive responses have zero resolve. ITS SIMPLE , the Arc has volume cut off spontaneously and restarting the Arc fixes it . The Arc has a glitch . I spent 4000$ on Sonos home entertainment, figure this out because it ain't only me . 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @DOM_V_V.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response.

These articles that I have recommended are for your specific concern.  I received no acknowledgment and no feedback after following the recommendations I have provided. Please take the time to read the guides and follow through and let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

HELP? ? Your stating the obvious … I’m telling you nothing has worked to stop the Arc  from losing The sound ….. Thousands of others are having this issue … KEEP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH… ZERO RESOLVE HERE.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

So it happens while you are watching something, instead of tv off and on, have you tried just switching hdmi ports and back again?

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

HELP? ? Your stating the obvious … I’m telling you nothing has worked to stop the Arc  from losing The sound ….. Thousands of others are having this issue … KEEP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH… ZERO RESOLVE HERE.

I have two suggestions:

1. Replace your HDMI cable. A good cable can do wonders (the one supplied with Arc is so-so).
  2. Once the sound cuts out, submit a diagnostic so that Sonos can look at it and tell you if there is a problem. More often than not, wifi interference causes cut offs of audio.

Finally, I don’t work for Sonos, but I suggest a bit more courtesy towards Sonos employees. I also have my share of frustrations with Sonos problems, but the support staff are not at fault. 

Userlevel 1

@ledzep1 : The sound cut out is on multiple TVs...  so yes i have switched HDMI ports and still cuts out… Let me be clear it is spontaneous and I’d say happens every 2 hours of TV on….…

@oriboaz : So the HDMI that Sonos supplies is soap?… Ok I will buy the best out there and give it a try. —- & ok I will do a diagnostic test and report it to Sonos… Hoepfully they’ll do a follow up... 

Thank you Gentlemen.

I have the same problem for several months on two TV's both Sonos Arc all of a sudden volume goes in and out. Today I started to Google search and stumbled on thousands of people having the same problem.

I know unplugging Arc solves the problem temporary. And back it comes few hours later.

I'm tired of it. My TV's are mounted to the wall, now I just leave them pushed out all the time. 

$4k investment in Sonos, and no one at Sonos can help us? Are they waiting for a class action lawsuits? 

Userlevel 1

@borisdds Thats right,… No one has the b**** to face them … This is rediculous… MEANWHILE GUYS LIKE PAUL AND ALL OTHER SONOS REPS COPY PASTE MANUALS FOR US TO READ THAT HAVE NO RESOLVE. THIS IS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO FIGURE OUT. ITS A GLITCH. THE ISSUE IS NOT IN ANY MANUAL. 

THE SOUND CUTS OFF ON ANY MAKE OF TV AND FOR THOUSANDS OF USERS. @Sonos FIGURE THIS SHYT OUT OR FACE SOME REAL BIG TIME SOCIAL MEDIA BACKLASH!

Moderator Note: Censored for profanity as per Community guidelines. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

“Today I started to Google search and stumbled on thousands of people having the same problem.”

Thousands? Do you work for CNN? I’m not doubting you have a problem but I’ve followed this community and Reddit Sonos Group for some time and to say there are thousands with this issue is a flat out lie. 

If you’ve got an issue do a system diagnostic and get on the phone to Sonos Support and let them walk you through re setting your equipment. 
However, I would say at this point you’re likely too frustrated to be polite with them and ask for their help. You may be better off returning your equipment and getting something different.

I'm happy to report that like MOST ARC owners I am completely satisfied with the sound, operation and ease of set up of Sonos products.

I have a 2020 Samsung Q80T, Arc, Gen 3 Sub and a a pair if One SL’s and this system rocks for music and movies.  

Userlevel 1

@Alberta Beagle  👏👏👏👏 Your not getting any issues ?? 👏👏 
 No ones questioning the quality of sound and beautiful build quality. 👏👏👏👏 So Carry On Oh Lucky One.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

No ones questioning the quality of sound and beautiful build quality. 👏👏👏👏 So Carry On Oh Lucky One.

You are an a**. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m not the only lucky one pal. There are thousands who are enjoying their Arc. A few who have issues and at least one who just can’t seem to figure out how to deal with others intelligently to try to resolve their problem. 
I hope you get it sorted out one way or another. 
Good luck. 

Sonos ARC  and a Samsung TV setup. Setup on Day 2 of deliveries. Been running fine till today. No physical changes to the system since the initial setup. Using HDMI ARC to tv.  Sound now cutting out across all services with tv.  

Diagnostic submitted 1004133530

Userlevel 1

Sonos ARC  and a Samsung TV setup. Setup on Day 2 of deliveries. Been running fine till today. No physical changes to the system since the initial setup. Using HDMI ARC to tv.  Sound now cutting out across all services with tv.  

Diagnostic submitted 1004133530

KEEP US POSTED …..BUT…...  @Sonos DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON…..