Arc sound is cutting down frequently

• 7 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, 

I connected my Arc to eARC sony tv KD-85X9000H.

all devices are running with latest firmware and connect to Ethernet cables.

The sound is cutting down frequently when I am watching from Netflix, Plex, OSN and YouTube. 

I have submitted diagnostic report # 1236538755

BR,

Moayad

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Moayad,

I appreciate you’re perhaps waiting for Sonos staff to look at your diagnostic report, but have you tried powering off both your TV and Arc for a minute or so and then powering them on again to renegotiate their HDMI connection ‘handshake’ to see if that perhaps resolves the audio-drop issue? 

Hi Ken,

I have tried everything, changed the cable, power on/off, change all settings, the issue is back again and again. 

I have sonos beam which is working great from more than a year without any issue.

I think the support team need to fix the issue in coming firmware.

BR,

Moayad,

When you say the Arc’s audio is ‘cutting down’ I read that earlier, as reducing in volume, but do you perhaps mean the audio is dropping out altogether?

If so, Sony have apoarantly been made aware and they have been releasing some firmware updates for some of their TV models. 

Anyhow, besides that, it could also be an HDMI-CEC issue, involving one of your other TV-connected devices too. It would perhaps be worthwhile disconnecting the ‘other’ devices from your TV HDMI ports to see if the problem then goes away. Then cable each one back (one at a time) and over a period of time, see if one of them is stealing the focus away from the Arc and causing an audio dropout. If that identified the ‘culprit’  then just switch off HDMI-CEC on that device, or if that’s not possible, you can insert a CEC-Less adapter between the device and the TV as shown in this LINK  

Anyhow I hope that helps you to resolve the matter.

Hello Ken,

thank you for your fast response. The arc is the only device that connected to sony tv. 

i have disconnected/connected many times but the issue still exist.

the new Sony firmware was released in USA region. I am waiting for my region release but I am not sure, the new firmware will fix this issue or not!.

I have already open a ticket with Sony support, waiting thier response. But i have seen other Sonos customers facing the same issue with other TV brand. 

Really I don’t know the issue from arc or from tv!.

BR,

Moayad