Answered

ARC Sound Bar/Projector/ Surround Sound/ Home Theater

• 14 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I am trying to figure out how to run the ARC Sound bar and home theater set up completely wirelessly without losing the dolby atmos feature. The current situation is as follows

We just moved and brought our previous home theater components with us. The system consists of a sony vw 285ES projector.. marantz sr7008 av receiver... 110'' screen... KEF Q series 7.1 speakers/subwoofer... blurry player/ xbox/ apple tv... logitech universal remote.

The new house has a smaller sheetrock wall/ceiling finished room in its basement with difficult access to run wires in the walls. So I am considering replacing the speakers in this set up with the ARC Sound bar and wireless home theater set up so that I dont have to run the speaker/ HDMI wires (other than one to the projector for video) but can still switch between the different components easily and can place my receiver towards the back of the room near the projector (shorter HDMI and can be hidden much better) but dont want to lose the atmos feature of the sound bar for obvious reasons. 

Any suggestions?

I thought maybe connecting the port to the receiver and then sending it out wirelessly to the all the speakers would work but tech on site told me I might lose the atmos that way and there may be a speech delay between audio and video on the screen. room is a rectangle 18’x 15’. Open to replacing the AV reciever if that is neccessary to maintain the atmos in the chain of command.

Please help, thank you!

John 

icon

Best answer by ratty 14 July 2021, 19:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The Port would simply send stereo to the Arc, and with a delay.

Atmos is only available via HDMI-eARC cable directly into the Arc. Assuming the projector doesn’t support eARC (it’s unlikely to) you’d need an HDFury Arcana to extract the audio from the HDMI feed to the projector. 

By the way, Arc requires S2. Your profile lists Play:5/g1, which can only run S1.

Also, it sounds like you intend to combine your old receiver with the Arc in a single home theatre setup.  That won’t work.  You could run your surround sounds speakers off a Sonos amp, but your receiver would not be involved with that.