Arc +PS4 no multchannel PCM

• 17 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a Samsung TV with eARC & have tried every combination on the ps4, bluray menus & TV options to get multichannel pcm when i play DTS or PCM 5.1 channel blurays but i am only getting PCM 2.0. I have tried PCM on the ps4 & DTS bitstream & also passthrough, pcm & Auto on the TV but again no joy. I have switched sources to make sure its not a HDMI handshake problem but again no joy. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @bazguitar39.

Thanks for reaching out and for your detailed post, let me help and try to figure this out.

I appreciate your effort in doing those steps, I would need to get a few more details to better understand what’s going on.

May I know what source is in use when getting PCM 2.0? 

Blu-ray discs commonly use the DTS audio format which is not supported by Sonos. Some Blu-ray players and game consoles have the ability to transcode DTS into a format that Sonos supports, such as Dolby Digital 5.1. You may consult your Blu-ray player’s manual or manufacturer for specific instructions and settings.

I'd like to check some data from your system, kindly send in a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number, I’d start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

You may also check this article about unsupported audio on your home theater speaker for reference.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Thanks for the reply i have Blu-rays with a PCM 5.1 soundtrack and they are still showing as PCM 2.0. Also i thought with the recent upgrade DTS soundtracks could now be played through the ARC as multichannel PCM? I can already use my PS4 to decode DTS to DD5.1 but was hoping to try out the uncompressed multichannel PCM. 

Thanks