Arc Placement Conundrum

• 19 October 2021
  • 2 replies

The fireplace is 76” wide with frame and the TV is LG GX 77” OLED. To maximally lower the TV for viewing height we placed everything as close to floor as safe. There is 10.5” below fireplace (fireplace to floor) and there is 10.5” inches between fireplace and bottom of TV. Ceiling is 12 feet total height with 5’5” between top of TV and ceiling. I need advice where to place ARC and if at all possible. Problem is if it is between fireplace and TV then it will possibly have too much heat from fireplace. Arc above TV is only safe option to me but has anyone tried it? Thank you for your advice.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Is the fireplace burning firewood or is this a gas fireplace? Is this a glass front fireplace or open?

If this is a glass fireplace, try an experiment: tape a box or piece of carboard that is approximately the size of ARC under the TV. It is recommended that there is a 4” space between the bottom of the TV and the top of ARC. Start a fire and closely monitor the temperature of the “test ARC”. The test will be more valid if the box is black. If the test temperature remains cool, ARC will be OK.

Regardless, I don’t recommend mounting ARC above the TV.

Thank you Buzz. The fireplace is gas. It is a one layer glass and then screen. It is not a double screen one which are not hot at all. The manufacturer says you can place a tv within 6 inches but we chose not to risk and placed it 10 inches above the fireplace.

The test arc idea is great. I am going to try that for sure. The fireplace is actually broken and will be repaired later this week. I will post here what I find out with the test arc.