Answered

Arc+one SL+ One

• 6 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Can we connect Sonos Arc with  One SL + One to make them 5.1 together.

what I mean is one of friend has just bought  Sonos Arc but back home he has One SL and One so can we a proper 5.1 setup or a stereo setup.  

icon

Best answer by James L. 6 October 2021, 13:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Jasvans,

Yes, you can combine a One and One SL in either a stereo pair or as surrounds to an Arc to make a 5.1 home theatre system :slight_smile:

Badge

Can we connect Sonos Arc with  One SL + One to make them 5.1 together.

what I mean is one of friend has just bought  Sonos Arc but back home he has One SL and One so can we a proper 5.1 setup or a stereo setup.  

My exact setup along with gen3 sub abs love it. Actually I lie, just brought in 2x ikea/Sonos bookshelf speakers to replace giving more flexibility with the amazing ones. 

I do wish they could allow for a 5 and Play5 pairing at least while all supported on S2 🤨😔🤷‍♂️   could be the plan by Sonos…. Go buy more speakers! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

After using ARC with Gen 3 for a short 5 months, the sound is best compared to my previous setup. I would like to invest in surround for this option.. however consider space and power point available,..

I thought to try out only one piece of one SL with ARC and GEN 3.. will it create surround effect or surround must be in pair ? 

What is the best distancing for surround effect from listener, any advise.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Surround speakers only come in pairs (in Sonos and anywhere else), so you’d need two One SL’s (or IKEA Symfonisks that are cheaper). Surround speakers should not be to close to the listener and if possible at ear height.

Follow up these steps:-

Enable full stereo

1. Open the Sonos app for iOS or Android.
  2. From the Settings tab, tap System.
  3. Tap the Sonos home theater product that uses surround speakers. It appears with "(+LS+RS)" in the Products section.
  4. Under Sound, tap Surround Audio.
  5. Tap Music Playback and choose Full.

Best regards from *****

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*