ARC disconnects from SUB and Surrounds when TV is turned on

• 19 August 2021
  • 28 replies

Badge +1

I’m have a problem with a Sonos ARC, it disconnects from the Sub and Surrounds when the audio input becomes active (TV, BD Player turned on).  It will reconnect to the Sub and Surrounds after all Sonos components are power cycled.  It will stay connected to the Sub and Surrounds as long as the audio input stays active, but if the audio input becomes inactive and then active again it disconnects from the Sub and Surrounds.  It does not matter if I use eArc or the optical audio from my TV or directly from a BD player.  The only thing that seams to fix the problem is to wire all the Sonos components together.  But it’s not an RF interference problem because once I get the ARC, Sub and Surround to work when the TV is on, they keep working until the TV is turned off and then back on.  I didn’t have a problem a month ago but there was a firmware upgrade I think broke the system.  My setup has to be wireless to separate the surrounds.  Does anyone have a fix?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Badge +1

Is there anyway to get a hold of some one at Sonos that is not following a worthless flow chart that always seem to go back to square one????????????????  I’ve just wasted more time with there support going over the same things and when the system starts to temporary work I’m back to square one.  They never seen to rember anything I’ve told them before and always circule back to the speakers being to far apart but I had the problem when I put them with in 1 foot of each other.  Or RF interference when I had all the speakers setting in the middle of them room away from every thing else.

F---king Sonos supp

ort has me so pissed seeing now I’m seeing red!!!!!!!!!!

Badge +1

The last thing they told me is the speakers have to be within 10’ of each other to work.  

Badge +1

But I already tried 1 foot, so I guess they meant to say 10mm