ARC disconnected from Wi-Fi

• 29 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, I've been a Sonos user for more than 6 years. I've recently bought a brand new ARC. I could set it up when I bought it, it was working fine connected to my Wi-Fi but 10 days ago it started disconnecting from the Wi-Fi. 

I have in the same Wi-Fi network 4 other sonos devices working without any issues. When I connect ARC to the router with ethernet cable it works fine. I rebooted all the other Sonos devices, Reset the ARC to factory reset and configured it again, I read all the articles related but I still have the Isse. Please help!!

Suddenly is like ARC is not compatible with the other devices anymore through the wi-fi

Diagnostic number is: 722602688

Also I’m unable to submit a ticket to the Sonos support, https://support.sonos.com/s/?language=en_US#contact  is not showing any form / submit block..?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @alejandro.salgado.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report, since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Once you factory data reset any Sonos speaker it will go back to its default settings again.

Since your not able to find the Arc wirelessly try the alternative option.

Like what you did temporarily hardwire the ARC to the router then add the speaker.

Once you're able to see the arc again in your S2 application before you remove the ethernet cable try this to your Sonos app. Go to Settings » System » Network » Wireless Setup.

It will prompt you if you can now remove the ethernet cable.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi @Mark P and thanks for your answer. I have tried that before without success, however trying it again gave me some hints that finally helped me to fix the issue, but I think that there is a bug in the latest 12.2 version that supports 5GHz for some devices. Here how i found a Workaround 

I have a Zyxel Access Point with 2 antennas (2.4Hz and 5GHz), the wi-fi name was the same for both (let’s say “WIFI-HOME”) since my Access Point dynamically switches frequencies. Before the update everything was working smoothly (1ARC+2xSonos1 and 2xSonos 3). But after the update things started to crush

After testing and testing I found out that the ARC was connecting to the 5GHz Wi-Fi and the rest of devices with 2.4GHZ. So I ended up creating 2 wi-fi networks (“WIFI-HOME-5G” and “WIFI-HOME-2.4”) and forcing SONOS to connect to the 2.4GHz. That did the trick, everything was back to normal. I guess that this could happen to others since I saw some issues with wi-fi / ARC after the last update.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @alejandro.salgado.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

And sharing your workaround in the community is really appreciated.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.