Question

70ms delay in rear surround speakers help.

• 1 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hey everyone.

So I’m relatively new to Sonos and I bought a surround package with play1s in the rear for my house that I’m remodelling. However instead of using the play1 speakers for the Lr and Rr I am forced (due to speaker and outlet placement) to use some recessed ceiling speakers with a Connect:amp and am told by sonos that there will be a 70ms delay for the rear surrounds speaker.

Does anybody else have this set up and how noticeable is the delay ?

If it’s bad I am tempted just to sell my system that is only 2 months old and go with another system but I do love the functionality and way the Sonos sounds. I’m Also tempted to buy the connect:Amp and run some tests and then return it if I don’t like it.

All input appreciated.

Guy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You were misinformed or there was a misunderstanding. The lag applies to the line-in, which has no significance for music applications. It would apply if you were using the C:A as the TV speakers via the line in. There is no lag between Playbar and C:A when the C:A is used for rear surrounds. But be aware that to use the C:A for surrounds you have to operate Sonos in 'Boost' mode and there must be a wired Ethernet connection between the Playbar and C:A, either direct or by wiring both to your router or to a switch.
Badge
Thanks John B,
Interesting because my delay intel came from sonos, and they also said that it needed to be tethered by ethernet.
Is the rear surround sound as good when using this player and C:A configuration, the surround with play1s is amazing.

At the moment my TV acts as the switcher for the sound bar so all everything comes via that (cable/BlueRay/Apple Tv), considering adding a projector into the mix with with a matrix switcher.