Answered

5.1 upgrade

• 7 February 2021
  • 1 reply

I current have a 5.1 system in my media room w/ a HarmonKardon AVR receiver, Klispsh speakers: two front standing, two in-ceiling surrounds, a sub and a center channel. It’s a TCL TV w/ an hdmi/arc port. Off the receiver hangs a Wii, DVD player and record player.

My question: 

While really only wanting to keep the TV and front standing speakers (and perhaps the HarmonKardon to enable the auxiliaries) would Sonos amp (or Port?) along w/ an Arc (to replace the center, two Architecture in-ceilings, and a Sub allow me to still get 5.1 fm the TV and DVD player?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 February 2021, 12:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KimberlyAA 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As long as only Sonos is doing audio for the TV, that will be fine. The Arc will do 3.0.2 sound (it can do 5.0.2 if no surround speakers are present) and an Amp connected to your in-ceiling speakers will do the 2 surround channels. You’d need to use a Sonos Sub with this setup as you can’t connect your existing Sub to the Arc. As the Arc uses HDMI-ARC (or eARC), any audio arriving at or from your TV will be fed through to it for playback.