15.8 update is a nightmare

• 21 September 2023
  • 147 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

147 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

after a few days that it’s work fine. now it get worse before the update. the fix have to come from sonos.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Bonjour à tous,

j'ai enfin réussi à résoudre mon problème après 2 appels à Sonos et 1 appel à Samsung

Avec Sonos nous avons retiré tous ce qui étaient branchés à la TV sauf la Beam

Puis j'ai également retiré les mises à jours automatiques (sur l'iphone) Sonos

Puis j'ai appelé Samsung et on a fait un reset d'Usine - attention pas celui que vous pouvez faire seul - celui fait par le technicien Samsung 

Et Depuis je ne perds plus la connexion E arc toutes les nuits 

Par ailleurs il faut noter que ma tv est passée sous une version 1602 entre temps !

Bref vous l'aurez compris je ne sais pas si c'est l'arrêt de la mise à jour ou le reset de la tv qui a résolu le pb.

Bon courage à tous

i try this fix before. it’s works for a while fine and after that it adds to what is was before.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So, have you mentioned this to Sonos?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

So, have you mentioned this to Sonos?

I have already spoken to them many times without success.

they said they are working on a fix for the problem but I'm skeptical that will happen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

From what I read here Sonos seems to think the original problem is solved and they need to be convinced for some it isn’t. So mentioning this to them directly should help them noticing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

From what I read here Sonos seems to think the original problem is solved and they need to be convinced for some it isn’t. So mentioning this to them directly should help them noticing.

I know exactly what I was talking about with sonos and they also understood exactly what issue I was talking about.

the first issue sonos fix in 15.9. but the important issue that the beam not connectd to the tv when you turn on the tv the don’t fix yet.

i always talk with sonos only on the beam connect issue.

I opened this post only to one issue and for me it is the most important. The second issue that the beam have no audio after connect to tv didn't bother me at all and I did not experience this issue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

UPDATE: sonos frimware 15.10 did not fix the issue is still the same as before.

Meanwhile FWIW, I’ve seen two workarounds mentioned, switch off eARC on the TV, or use the Sonos optical adapter and connect the Sonos Soundbar to the TV’s optical port.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Meanwhile FWIW, I’ve seen two workarounds mentioned, switch off eARC on the TV, or use the Sonos optical adapter and connect the Sonos Soundbar to the TV’s optical port.

if you switch off eARC on the tv You give up Dolby Atmos and it's a High price for me.

the same price with optical adapter.

Userlevel 7

if you switch off eARC on the tv You give up Dolby Atmos and it's a High price for me.

Do you use any external media devices? If not, you should be able to disable eARC without losing Dolby Atmos audio from the TV’s native apps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Do you use any external media devices? If not, you should be able to disable eARC without losing Dolby Atmos audio from the TV’s native apps.

i use apple tv so i have  to leave eARC on.

@orenhazan,
Yes, as @GuitarSuperstar mentions, you should still get DD+ Atmos from each of the streaming services like Netflix, Prime Movies, Disney+ etc. with the TV eARC disabled and just use the port as HDMI-ARC - you will only be missing out on Dolby TrueHD (with/without, Atmos) and McPCM formats - it’s a small price to pay until the issue is fixed… by either Sonos, Samsung (or both).

i use apple tv so i have  to leave eARC on.

Just use the TV’s native App’s - and you’ll be able to get Atmos.

Badge

Atmos works fine on ARC, you'll only be losing TrueHD but could always switch it on when/if you need it. Optical is a much bigger compromise, limited to Dolby Digital and no Atmos.

I'm having the same issue with two different TVs. 

Arc + Sub disconnecting from Samsung TV until they are both power cycled. 

Playbar disconnecting from Sony tv until power cycled. 

My Play:1 speakers still working perfectly. 

I'm having the same issue with two different TVs. 

Arc + Sub disconnecting from Samsung TV until they are both power cycled. 

Playbar disconnecting from Sony tv until power cycled. 

My Play:1 speakers still working perfectly. 

The Samsung issue seems to have been reported in this and one or two other threads here in the community, but also with other brands of Soundbar, I see, besides Sonos, hence the various Samsung updates in September and in more recent days.

It’s the first time I’ve seen the issue mentioned in relation to a Sony TV though🤔? Have you checked the "IP Simple control" setting on that TV, as mentioned online and also discussed in this thread below, just in case it’s perhaps that ‘known’ Sony issue instead?

There’s several threads about how to turn off some RS232(?) setting to get Sony’s to work properly and not disconnect. 
We appear to be waiting on Samsung to update the firmware on some of their TVs. I don’t have one, but you may want to try turning off eARC and leaving ARC on. 

Ah, that’s the link, thanks @Ken_Griffiths …

I've had the same problem for about a month. nothing really helped. I accidentally noticed that if you check for software updates manually (via the Samsung TV), the connection is then established automatically. although of course no update is installed as it is up to date with 1602.2. Sonos with 15.10 too. I will also test the interim solution with the Sonos app. Both but not a permanent condition!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I've had the same problem for about a month. nothing really helped. I accidentally noticed that if you check for software updates manually (via the Samsung TV), the connection is then established automatically. although of course no update is installed as it is up to date with 1602.2. Sonos with 15.10 too. I will also test the interim solution with the Sonos app. Both but not a permanent condition!

i also noticed that if i wait a 5 minutes after i turned on the tv the beam make a restart by itself and after that there is a 5 seconds with no sound from the tv. and after that the beam connect by eARC to the tv. 

So I just got a samsung s95c and sonos beam gen 2 - should i avoid any firmware update on both devices? Is that even possible? Not sure if its going to force updates

So I just got a samsung s95c and sonos beam gen 2 - should i avoid any firmware update on both devices? Is that even possible? Not sure if its going to force updates

No it’s not possible. It forces the update during setup. I suggest you try it with HDMI-ARC enabled, but only if you initially encounter issues with eARC enabled on the TV.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

i don't think that you have a issue with the S95C all the issues is with the samsung 2022 line not the new C line.

i don't think that you have a issue with the S95C all the issues is with the samsung 2022 line not the new C line.

Oh, really? Fingers crossed, i’ll report back once I finish the setup

I have exact the same issue as that of orenhazan. I have Samsung S95B and Sonos beam(gen2). The Sonos firmware update 15.10 didn’t fix the problem.