Question

SONOS ACE - help me please.

• 29 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Good morning, please help me, I have a Gen 2 soundbar, a subwoofer or the latest headphones

https://www.sonos.com/pl-pl/shop/sonos-ace?utm_source=braze_consumer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=son_bt_rtn_em_duke-preorder-fallback-4b&utm_term=2024-05-25&bid=65ce33e2916a6100403c3fc9&uid=137670260&sid=0038V00002jpoEHQAY?lid=5frb1j3bgolz

-that are on pre-order and will be sold from June 5Will they be compatible with my SONY BRAVIA KD-43X85 TV? TV set It has a Bluetooth but my question is: I have the latest computer and COMPUTER MOTHERBOARD: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI II -->> the board has the latest bluetooth , will it connect and work By computer???? Wirelessly??? , all will be work ? Or....? PLEASE GIVE ME A FAST, EFFICIENT ANSWER 

??????

// Marcin

7 replies

The Sonos Ace has bluetooth  and will therefore connect to your TV and computer via bluetooth. Your TV may need to be disconnected from the Beam (in TV audio settings) before it can send audio to Ace.

Sonos has promised that your Beam Gen 2 will be able to send TV audio to the headphones for improved sound quality with a future update.  There is no word on when that update will occur, but given that Sonos seems to currently have a back log in software development, I would not expect any time soon.

That TV has an eARC connection, so it will work.  You will connect the HDMI eARC port on the TV to the HDMI connection on the soundbar.  The Sonos Sub will connect wirelessly.  You say the soundbar is a “Gen 2”?  Is that a Beam or an Arc.  I ask this because the initial release of the Ace headphones will only connect to the Arc.  The connection will be wireless.  The Beam and Ray support for the Ace are promised to come later. 

That TV has an eARC connection, so it will work.  You will connect the HDMI eARC port on the TV to the HDMI connection on the soundbar.  The Sonos Sub will connect wirelessly.  You say the soundbar is a “Gen 2”?  Is that a Beam or an Arc.  I ask this because the initial release of the Ace headphones will only connect to the Arc.  The connection will be wireless.  The Beam and Ray support for the Ace are promised to come later. 

User profile and post history says they have a Beam Gen 2 already. 

Badge

My question was whether these latest Sony Ace headphones will work directly with the TV and connect to the TV via Bluetooth or via WiFi and my second question was Will the headphones Will they work directly with a PC and connect to it via Bluetooth or via WiFi in Windows 11??????

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My question was whether these latest Sony Ace headphones will work directly with the TV and connect to the TV via Bluetooth or via WiFi and my second question was Will the headphones Will they work directly with a PC and connect to it via Bluetooth or via WiFi in Windows 11??????

Best to think of Ace as ‘conventional’ Bluetooth headphones: what you can do with Bose/Sony/other Bluetooth headphones you can do with Ace.

While Ace includes a Wi-Fi radio, for the foreseeable future it is used only to hand-off from a Sonos soundbar (Arc now, other models planned). Ace does not connect to your Wi-Fi in the manner of all other Sonos components.

Badge

So if I use these headphones and want to connect via Bluetooth to the Bluetooth headphones on the computer, the headphones will be able to play sound from the computer via Bluetooth to Headphones. Will I be able to hear sound from the computer to the headphones or will I be able to connect via Bluetooth on the computer to Bluetooth in the headphones?

So if I use these headphones and want to connect via Bluetooth to the Bluetooth headphones on the computer, the headphones will be able to play sound from the computer via Bluetooth to Headphones. Will I be able to hear sound from the computer to the headphones or will I be able to connect via Bluetooth on the computer to Bluetooth in the headphones?

Yes, you can connect via Bluetooth to a computer, and hear the computer audio over the Ace headphones.