Question

Sonos Ace audio swap on android

Show first post

32 replies

I recently bought a Sonos Ace, just to figure out it’s almost useless without a newer soundbar. Today I bought a Arc. I use android and found it wont work. Just thrown a lot of money out the window. And NO I'm not going to by some Appel-products, I better quit all my SONOS devices.

I recently bought a Sonos Ace, just to figure out it’s almost useless without a newer soundbar. Today I bought a Arc. I use android and found it wont work. Just thrown a lot of money out the window. And NO I'm not going to by some Appel-products, I better quit all my SONOS devices.

If you borrow an Apple device, you can set up the Ace/Arc switching.  After that, it will work regardless of the device you are using to control it.  Just long press on the function key on back of the right earphone to switch the Arc audio to the Ace and back. 

If you borrow an Apple device, you can set up the Ace/Arc switching.  After that, it will work regardless of the device you are using to control it.  Just long press on the function key on back of the right earphone to switch the Arc audio to the Ace and back. 

Thanks. But I will never touch a Apple device.

Thanks. But I will never touch a Apple device.

I understand.  

Userlevel 1

@Mr. Bloch I feel your pain and it is a shame that Sonos continues to discount Android users; especially now with new flagship phones like the Pixel. That being said fortunately I was able to borrow my step-daughter’s iPhone once again (like I did with Trueplay) just long enough to setup the headphones. Other than the occasional toggling of Bluetooth off/on on my Pixel to detect the headphones the audio-swap with my Arc works great with just a long press of the Content button on the back of the headphones. I must say the sound quality coming from a good Dolby Atmos 4k Blu-ray over WiFi from the Arc to the headphones is nothing short of spectacular… worth every penny I paid for them. If you can swallow the pill of temporarily confiscating an iPhone to take advantage of audio-swap trust me you won’t be disappointed even with a good streaming Atmos movie.

If Sonos wishes to continue down this path of iPhone first I think it might behoove them to change the name of their company to something like… “iSonos”... just sayin’ :).

@jgatie I feel your pain and it is a shame that Sonos continues to discount Android users; especially now with new flagship phones like the Pixel. That being said fortunately I was able to borrow my step-daughter’s iPhone once again (like I did with Trueplay) just long enough to setup the headphones. Other than the occasional toggling of Bluetooth off/on on my Pixel to detect the headphones the audio-swap with my Arc works great with just a long press of the Content button on the back of the headphones. I must say the sound quality coming from a good Dolby Atmos 4k Blu-ray over WiFi from the Arc to the headphones is nothing short of spectacular… worth every penny I paid for them. If you can swallow the pill of temporarily confiscating an iPhone to take advantage of audio-swap trust me you won’t be disappointed even with a good streaming Atmos movie.

If Sonos wishes to continue down this path of iPhone first I think it might behoove them to change the name of their company to something like… “iSonos”... just sayin’ :).

I think you mean @Mr. Bloch.  I was able to borrow an iDevice also. 

Userlevel 1

Corrected the name. Thanks.