Answered

hi res audio on sonos ace

Hi 

I have an iPhone 15 and Sonos ace. 
can I get a DAC connector and wire my headphones to my phone and get hi res lossless? 

any help would be great before I buy a DAC. 

Thanks 

craig 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 7 June 2024, 18:10

View original

12 replies

The Ace actually has a USB-C connection that allows you to wire it to your phone or computer directly, no DAC needed.  It also has a 3.5mm analog to USB-C connection if you wish to use a DAC.

Many thanks. So the DAC should work and give me Hi Res Lossless. 

Thats great thanks so much. 

Many thanks. So the DAC should work and give me Hi Res Lossless. 

Thats great thanks so much. 

Personally, I wouldn’t even bother with the DAC.  Just use the USB-C to USB-C cable direct from the source to the Ace.  

Brilliant. Thank you very much for the help and advise. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi 

I have an iPhone 15 and Sonos ace. 
can I get a DAC connector and wire my headphones to my phone and get hi res lossless? 

any help would be great before I buy a DAC. 

The quality of external DACs are all over the map. At a minimum, listen to your Ace headphones “as is” for a week before considering the extra purchase of a DAC.

Recieved my sonos ace today…but is it just me or is this usb-c connection only allowing a 1 way entry into the port?i i can only stick it in on one particular side or it wont detect it….is this faulty or dovyou guy’s also experience the same thing.

thanx in afvance🙏

Recieved my sonos ace today…but is it just me or is this usb-c connection only allowing a 1 way entry into the port?i i can only stick it in on one particular side or it wont detect it….is this faulty or dovyou guy’s also experience the same thing.

thanx in afvance🙏

Problem solved…i got a faulty usb c cable in the package

I dont understand how the only cable provided with the Ace that works for audio is the short usb-c to usbc charging cable, and the longer cable labelled for audio does not. I've tried both from my Digital Audio Player to the Ace headphones.

Have anyone successfully got sound from the 3.5mm to Usb-c connection?

I dont understand how the only cable provided with the Ace that works for audio is the short usb-c to usbc charging cable, and the longer cable labelled for audio does not. I've tried both from my Digital Audio Player to the Ace headphones.

Have anyone successfully got sound from the 3.5mm to Usb-c connection?

I struggled with the same issue..try a different usb c to usb c cable.or tru flipping the original cable around in the ace headset.it will only work 1 way.

My issue is not wth the usb-c to usb-c cable supplied, which is the charging one, but the audio cable included for the Ace which is a 3.5mm analoge to digital usb-c.

I discovered that it works but the volume has to be turned up to almost max for even a faint sound.

My issue is not wth the usb-c to usb-c cable supplied, which is the charging one, but the audio cable included for the Ace which is a 3.5mm analoge to digital usb-c.

I discovered that it works but the volume has to be turned up to almost max for even a faint sound.

I have a vinyl table here that has a 3.5 mm i will try it out to see the result…keep ya posted.

I have a vinyl table here that has a 3.5 mm i will try it out to see the result…keep ya posted.

Just tested it…volume  has to be pretty high indeed.but i dont know …that might be the normal case when connecting through 3.55????

what i did notice that my 3.5 mm has the same issue on the usb c side…i can oly connect it in 1 way…if i flip it …no sound at all.is this also the case with yours?