Question

Do Sonos headphones work with Microsoft Teams?

Hello Sonos Team

Are Sonos headphones certified by Microsoft Teams?

Thanks and best Regards
Matthias

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mfriedrich 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! Apologies for the delay, and thank you for your interest in Sonos Ace.

Sonos Aces are normal (but great!) Bluetooth headphones with some extra features. I don’t see why they wouldn’t work with Microsoft Teams, but they are not certified to do so, no. And, with 8 microphones (6 on the outside), I think they’ll do a better-than-average job of it!

I hope this helps.

Hello Sonos Team

Are Sonos headphones certified by Microsoft Teams?

Thanks and best Regards
Matthias

I didn’t know “certified by Microsoft Teams” was a thing, but the Ace headphones can connect via Bluetooth, USB-C, and analog, all connections Teams can use to transmit audio in/out.  So I see no reason why they won’t work.

• Certified by Microsoft Teams: Best option for seamless, reliable performance with all the Teams-specific features.

• Teams Ready: Good option for basic use with Microsoft Teams, though it may lack some advanced features and dedicated buttons.

• Not Certified for Microsoft Teams: Usable but with potential issues and lacking in Teams-specific features.

• Certified by Microsoft Teams: Best option for seamless, reliable performance with all the Teams-specific features.

• Teams Ready: Good option for basic use with Microsoft Teams, though it may lack some advanced features and dedicated buttons.

• Not Certified for Microsoft Teams: Usable but with potential issues and lacking in Teams-specific features.

Learn something new everyday. 

I have used normal (but not great) bluetooth headphones with Teams and Zoom before without issue.   I plan on using Ace for this purpose as well.    As others stated, I see no reason why Ace won’t work.

Besides audio quality, I am hopeful that Ace will work better for this situation as I currently use the same set of headphones to connect to the laptop for Teams/Zoom, and to my phone for music and personal phone calls.  Ace is advertised to be able to connect to both at the same time, so I will not have to regularly connect and disconnect between my 2 sources.  There have a couple times where I’ve accidently played music over the phone speakers, or video call without speakers at all, because my headphones were not connected to the right source.

This may work well for personal calls or meetings.

But you can get issues if you need to forwarding (call and transfer) calls. Call and transfer could be not work and the IT-Support will not support this headsets. It’s my expirence, Don’t use non-certified headsets for Microsoft Teams. Specaliy for work and if you want all features.

This may work well for personal calls or meetings.

But you can get issues if you need to forwarding (call and transfer) calls. Call and transfer could be not work and the IT-Support will not support this headsets. It’s my expirence, Don’t use non-certified headsets for Microsoft Teams. Specaliy for work and if you want all features.

Well, I guess that answers your question.

I have the Sonos Ace and have been trying to use them on a windows PC for teams call with no success. When I connect the Ace and launch a call I get an error message in teams stating my microphone is not working. I’ve only tried connecting via Bluetooth. I will try connecting via USBC.

Same for me. The Mic does not work?

Works with USBC

I can confirm that Sonos ACE works with Teams both over Bluetooth and with USB-C. 

Probably important thing to state -- it works with Latest Windows 11. I’ve tried this on both Desktop PC and Surface Laptop 3. 

I needed to pair those first and then choose Mic and Audio as output device in Windows and Teams:

Another probably important thing to state -- I am using “New Teams” client.

The only real challenge I am occasionally running into  (but it also happens with both iPhone and Android phone), sometimes headset just disconnects in the middle of something and I need to reconnect it. I haven’t figured out the reason. Probably firmware.

On conf calls no one complained about mic quality. Assuming it is not bad. But I usually take calls in Teams in private space. I imagine that Teams certified headsets with folding mic may produce better results. 

Using them now as I speak on Microsoft Team Calls, works perfectly