Answered

why have you closed all bbc radio and google threads when the issue remains outside

See this thread 

-bbc-stations-though-google-assistant-defaults-to-tunein-6868629

I have no idea how you justify closing it with no fix.

I am forced to use alexa but it is very definitely not a fix for me.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 November 2022, 23:24

View original

10 replies

Why did you post a link to a Google assistant question in the Sonos Voice control area?

As near as I can tell, in that area there’s at least one open thread, and likely more. Perhaps voicing your dissatisfaction there would be more appropriate than here in the Sonos Voice Control area?

Why did you post a link to a Google assistant question in the Sonos Voice control area?

As near as I can tell, in that area there’s at least one open thread, and likely more. Perhaps voicing your dissatisfaction there would be more appropriate than here in the Sonos Voice Control area?

Im New and the forums aren't obvious to me

It's not so much dissatisfaction, more that I want to be notified when it's fixed so that I can make the necessary adjustments to my home voice controls

Im New and the forums aren't obvious to me

It's not so much dissatisfaction, more that I want to be notified when it's fixed so that I can make the necessary adjustments to my home voice controls

Clearly the topic was closed due to the 3 months inactivity in the thread. Most people just create a new thread and link it to the old thread if they wish to resurrect an issue. I guess for that particular issue, most folk headed off to bring the issue to the attention of the BBC and Google as it’s down to those services to implement the feature. It all works fine with the other assistants on Sonos. Last I heard, was from a BBC representative, who stated they were in negotiations with Google. I decided not to hold my breath and switched to using the other two assistants (SVC/Alexa) which also work ‘happily’ side-by-side.

Interestingly SVC also fails to work. It is only alexa that will operate OK.

That suggests perhaps some sort of network issue in your local network. Have you tried calling  Sonos Support directly to discuss it? With a diagnostic number that you’ve submitted, they certainly might be able to assist you with any potential concerns they can see in that data. 

Interestingly SVC also fails to work. It is only alexa that will operate OK.

There are some issues with SVC at the moment. As mentioned here:

https://status.sonos.com

Alexa is working fine though, if you perhaps want to give that assistant a try,

Userlevel 1

Latest update from the Executive Product Manager for BBC Sounds is that this requires work by Sonos that isn’t forthcoming. I can only see this getting fixed if there’s a tidal wave of complaints from UK Sonos customers.

Bring on the tidal wave!

Where do I complain? it really is a pain for me in my house

I think Sonos should listen, whatever the number

thanks for the update

I’d also like to know where to complain about this. Can’t believe the issue has existed for over two years and Sonos still hasn’t fixed it.

Please allow BBC sounds to play via google assistant.

BBC moved off tunein ages ago.  It seems to me as a developer this wouldn't require many resources and this is more of an internal communication problem at Sonos.  The BBC sounds developers have stated this IS a Sonos problem to be solved so we are at your mercy.  At the moment it looks like you don’t care about the UK market.