Using CR200 controller with Spotify

• 19 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I want to use a Google hub as a voice controller for my legacy play 5s, for which I also use a cr200 controller

unfortunately, google doesn’t talk to my Amazon prime account, so that is no good as my music source.

I added Spotify (free) account to Sonos and google and voice control is working, 

on my cr200, the Spotify button now appears, but I get a message saying my Spotify account doesn’t support the controller. (Amazon prime music works fine on my cr200)

is the reason it doesn’t work due it being a free account- ie will it work with Spotify premium- or is it like Sonos radio - it won’t work whatever ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @CraigR65, thank you for reaching us back here in the community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

You should be able to search for music on Spotify wheater it’s a free or premium account.

I’ll be asking questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

1. When did you start experiencing this issue?
2. Have you tried turning off your CR200 and your Play 5 for a few minutes? Did it work?
3. How about using a different controller or mobile device? Were you able to search for music on Spotify?

Please submit a diagnostic of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We'll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for the reply.

in answer to your questions…

1. I only just set up a Spotify account, it has never worked using the CR200
  2. yes, and no
  3. if I use a phone or tablet with s1 app installed, I can browse Spotify music

diagnostic code 592647974

n.b. The cr200 controller is registered to me, but does not appear in my list of devices

sonos radio does not allow me to browse tracks via the controller either, but it works with the s1 app

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @CraigR65, thank you for your response and for submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking, there’s a network-related issue in your Sonos system. This usually caused by network communication, either between Sonos devices and your router or between Sonos and the internet. 

Thanks for your patience while working through this. We appreciate the time and effort you've spent troubleshooting with us, and we feel it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. 

You can contact our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model of each device and for more in-depth troubleshooting steps to provide you the best option.

Please feel free to reach out in the future if you have any other questions.

You're always welcome here.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

“and we feel it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process”

ok, please let me have the appropriate contact number for support

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @CraigR65, thank you for your response.

Our phone support team is closed on weekends. You may reach our Sonos Customer Care at 0800-026-1526. In the prompt, kindly select the technical department. The hours of operation are from 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday CET.

If you have any questions about this. We and the community are always here to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

(deleted)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Upshot is, Spotify doesn’t work with CR200

☹️