Question

Unable to set up google assistant

• 21 September 2019
  • 33 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge
So I managed to get it working again last night but I had to do 2 things in order for it to work:
1) Connect my beam directly to the router via ethernet cable
2) Add Google assistant via the Sonos app on a device with iOS 12 (both app versions the latest).

So I think it's iOS 13 related (I had trouble connecting a Google mini on iOS13), but I also had strange issues with WiFi so perhaps both steps might help you.

I did the same with my son’s iOS 12 iPad and couldn’t get it to work. I now have a support ticket number with Sonos. Will keep you all updated.
So I got it to work. You have to download google home and connect assistant that way instead. Five minutes after I tried everything functioned perfectly.
Badge
So I got it to work. You have to download google home and connect assistant that way instead. Five minutes after I tried everything functioned perfectly.

I didn’t have the action available, so added it via Google Home add devices > Sonos and it worked!

i had tried this approach two days ago and it didn’t work, however between then and now the Sonos app was updated from 10.4 to 10.4.1 so I am thinking perhaps that made the difference.
Badge
Google Assistant just released a new version in App Store. Works for me now.

I have the same problem unable to link Sonos and GA on iOS - when I attempt to add Sonos  I get taken to the log in page - correct log in details used and I get the message { "error " : " server_error" , "error_description " : " "} GA then tells me account linked but I am unable to view any of my sonos equipment. - any suggestions?

I’m having the same problem and it’s driving me crazy.  I might have to return this.  Can’t find updates or solutions. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @jeciwould ,

Submitting a diagnostic through the Sonos app provides us with a snapshot of your system so we can help identify what is causing your issue. Then, please reply back the diagnostic confirmation number so I can take a closer look at the issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

As others have said, I couldn’t add Google as a voice assistant via the Sonos app, it started the setup process and then just took me to a Sonos 404 web page.

I just used the Google Home app/ Add Device ( + icon top left ) and then add Sonos from there.

setting up Alexa from within the Sonos app worked fine.