Answered

Unable to link Google Assistant to sonos app

• 11 November 2020
  • 5 replies

New Sonos One, most up to date Sonos and Google Assistant app. Have tried repeated deleting/downloading of apps, linking/unlinking Sonos from the google assistant app. 

I am unable to connect Google Assistant through the spotify app, it just gets stuck on the “Linking Google Account...” page and then I get an error. On the Google Assistant app, it shows the Sonos One has paired successfully.

icon

Best answer by Colinh08 12 November 2020, 00:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Colinh08.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, kindly tell us more about it?

When are you getting the error, is it only when adding Spotify music service on Google Assistant app?

Do you have Spotify music service added to Sonos already?

I'd like to check some data on your Sonos system particularly the status of Google Assistant voice service, kindly submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number so I can see if there's anything that might cause this issue.

I'm looking forward assisting you from here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns, we're always here to help.

I got a work around, instead of using the apps on my iPhone X, ios 14. I downloaded both on my iPad and it worked fine.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Colinh08.

Thanks for your response and we appreciate you sharing with us what you did to resolve it.

This can certainly help those community members that might encounter the same issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we’re always here to help.

Cheers!

Hi

After hours of trying to solve this I found the solution. The problems is in the error message that tells you there is a link problem between Spotify and Goggle and you try to fix that…… BUT the problem is that you probably like me had Sonos for a while and connected that to Spotify a while back. 
Then when you now link S with G you use a different login causing a link problem or as the error message say there is a missmatch. 
How to fix: Remove the S link from Sonos and add it again with same credentials as you did in G and it will work !! :-)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @steffe_g.

Thank you for posting and sharing with us what you did to resolve it.

I’m glad to hear that it’s already working and your input is very much appreciated.

This can definitely benefit those members that might experience the same problem and looking for answers here in the community.

If you may have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Cheers!