Answered

Spotify doesn't work with voice command

Dear people from sonos,

I have a sonos beam (gen 2) and I'm very happy with it. I have a issue with the voice commands lately and would like to solve this problem. If I ask ‘hey google, play ….. on spotify’ it says: '’Oke, I will play the playlist of ….. on spotify’ and then nothing happens. I already put the sonos bar off and on again, I reauthorised and reinstalled the spotify app in the sonos app en the google home app but now i'm running out of options. could you please help me? If i ask other things, like google search, it works. So it really is the connection with spotify I think. Hope to hear from you.

kind regards,

Mathijs

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 April 2023, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

From the ‘view real-time service status page’ link, which takes you to status.Sonos.com

Google Voice Assistant - Playback Failure - Full playback failure

Identified - We've identified a problem with Google Assistant, voice requests to control Sonos and play music will likely fail, please use the Sonos app. 
Apr 24, 2023 - 14:30 UTC

Badge

Same here. Used to work fine but now does nothing. 

Fix please, sonos. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m sure they are doing their best……

Badge

I've given up waiting and switched to alexa. Wish I had done so ages ago tbh, she's much more responsive and makes fewer mistakes.

Even my android TV is now controllable by alexa when it wasn't by GA! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The GA problem is solved though.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mine still doesn't work.  Spotify works when I select music on Spotify app, but GA says "Sorry it looks like Spotify Premium is not available, try again later" if I try voice. GA works for pause, next etc on this music however

You may be dealing with a different issue, then, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Mine still doesn't work.  Spotify works when I select music on Spotify app, but GA says "Sorry it looks like Spotify Premium is not available, try again later" if I try voice. GA works for pause, next etc on this music however

FIXED!!! I sent a system diagnostic around 0745 this morn and then started a chat.  Daniel T was great.  spent over an hour removing and installing, GA, Spotify etc on the Sonos App to no avail.  finally went to Google Home app on my phone and under Assistant Settings found DEVICES “devices that are linked to your Assistant then tapped “Open Home App” I tapped on one of the Move speakers, then clicked unlink Sonos.  the proceeded to add them back normally, then added Voice Assistant etc.

I am hoping Spotify Voice Control will soon support Spotify.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos Voice Control?