Answered

Sonos wont tuen tv off with Google assistant commands

• 13 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi 

I have a weird issue. For years I have been able to turn on/off my LG TV through voice command using google assistant on my Sonos One. Suddenly this has stopped working, and the google assistant in Sonos says “Sorry unknown error has occured on [name of my chromecast]” (this error might not be precise, I have translated it from my native language).

I am able to for example pause/unpause the chromecast using voice command.

If if say the exact same turn on/off command using the Assistant app on my phone the TV turns on/off.

I have tried unlinking/removing my assistant both in Google Home app, and in the Sonos. Linked it again, and went through the setup process, but the same error occurs. I have also tried renaming my Chromecast (found that advice in a similar thread), but same result.

Both my Sonos One and Chromecast has newest firmware.

If i go to https://myactivity.google.com/ I can't even see any of my Sonos one commands. 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 October 2022, 23:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Perhaps try removing the Google assistant from your Sonos speaker, reboot it, then add the assistant back and try the command again.